I rejected this guy and he ended up becoming a hot athlete at a great university?

I feel really... horrible I guess and stupid.

I was never really into him because I thought he was a player so he kept asking me out and I rejected him to the point that I started to ignore him.

He just kept getting hotter and hotter and now is attending one of the best universities and is an athlete there.

How do I get over this feeling of regret?

You're all attacking me for saying the truth but you can bet any attractive girl WANTS a hot famous athlete. That's what girls want call me superficial but good looking dating a girl who is actually good looking and whats to go out with an average short guy.
Wow let me rephrase that whole last sentence lol. Call me superficial but no good looking girl wants to date an average short guy. That's not what we strive for just like you boys don't want a fat girl or a girl with no boobs or butt.

Most Helpful Guy

• Back then they didn't want me, fuck them I'm getting money, drop top and its looking sunny , now I got them looking funny.

What Guys Said 45

• Well seems like you only like him now because of his new high status as an athlete, and his looks lol. So, probably shouldn't have been so judgemental. But chances are he's a player anyway, if I was some stud athlete I know for damn sure I'd stay single.

• You say that, but when Kate Upton walks in the room hot and heavy lol. Might reconsider. at least on a trial basis xD

• I'd definitely be playing the field for some time tho

• @rjroy3 Yeah I'd probably be in and out of "relationships" with hot chicks. Maybe date them for like a month until the next super model chick throws herself at you. What a life that must be...

• I love a good "I made him/her regret rejecting me" stories.

http://i.imgur.com/dhMeAzK.gif

• kidfromthe6ix.files.wordpress.com/.../630827963.gif

I know how you feel. You missed out and it sucks!

• First of all, you're an idiot. All girls tend to do this though so don't feel like you're the only one
    Secondly, good job! You obviously gave him motivation to improve himself and he has done that.
    Thirdly, your regret is unimportant, it's something you're just going to have to live with until it goes away.
    Girls, stop rejecting the nice guys!!

• Point being? When he hits 80 he'll have no looks and will be doing well to walk without shitting himself... 'status' means nothing, 'looks' means nothing, 'money' means nothing, deal with it.

• i like the way you think

• correct, finally someone see things this way. because life itself is not permanent

• Long time no see Kangy! Like the fringe by the way...

• 9/10

Solid troll, very solid indeed.

• A hahahhahaha sucks for you. I'm gonna do this too.

• "You only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow
    This opportunity comes once in a lifetime yo"

Take this as a lesson. Instead of killing yourself about it, learn from it. Next time, give it a shot, who knows what may come out from it; if you don't try it, you'll never know, and maybe one day you'll regret it (like in this case).

• Real girls want real guys they don't have to be sports stars or anything like that they just have to have a good heart be a good person and treat them right. The girls that only go for looks or status will, in most cases, end up sad and lonely and even the short average guy wouldn't look twice at them. If u had gone out with him at the time he asked then he would still be in a good uni as an athlete but u wouldn't be with him now he'd have already moved on to the cheerleaders and fans that will be offering themselves on a plate to him and you would be one of those unhappy girls that only go for stars!!

• if i'm not attracted to him that's not my fault

• Your right its not but no point stressing over it now its gone in the past move on :-)

• So in other words when he became the next Tom Brady you kicked yourself in the ass for turning him away? *shakes head* Very shallow my dear, very shallow indeed. Here, console yourself with this: i65.fastpic.ru/.../...6111be6b9b24545955a2d7a6.jpg

• LOL. Well, you can console yourself with the fact that he might not have become a hot athlete if you had not rejected him.

• lol yes you inspired him to get better. XD

• lol okay I found another hot guy it's all good now :)

• HAHAA amazing and very entertaining. Very funny

You should of got it right the first time, this is a man's world. Now your useless as a sack of potatoes with lipstick. while he's making his way to the top rich, sexy, healthy and probably going to find a sweet wife to marry for the rest of his life. So he can give her everything she deserves, especially his body and money

she's going to feel like a princess. Too bad you didn't believe in him ;) life and learn my young padawan

• I am getting treated by a princess right now by the guy I'm dating don't you worry. There's a billion other guys in the world lOL.

• hahah nice way to stick it to me huh lol

I was being sarcastic by the way to a certain extent... However if you want to be treated like a princess in 2014, be ready to be thrown away as well whenever he feels.

Best advice for you misses, treat yourself like a princess, and become his equal... not someones item where you need to be treated like a princess to with him. Those are the ones that stick around until the end ;) when your old and ugly and your looks have faded...

But yea that probably doesn't appeal to you

Silly

• No that's good advice you have to love yourself before getting loved

• Yes, because whether a got treats you right or not doesn't matter. Only how hot and good at sports he is.

• You can't really, outside of focusing on your life and dating other people. You "messed up", but not really. You're just feeling that way because things are going well for him now, so you feel jealous of the exciting life another girl might have with him. I doubt you miss him now. It's more the idea of being with a hot successful man and he is one that slipped through the cracks.
    Time will take care of the emotions. I don't mean to laugh at all, but his life is going well so all of the girls who turned him down while growing up are likely going through what you are now. Good for him. You can always try contacting him to see if it goes anywhere, but I can tell you now. He's got alooot of girls doing that already. Maybe he'll have a soft spot in his heart for you tho

• Yup that's exactly it but honestly I won't be hung up on it for it too long! Thanks for your opinion and for not being judgemental. All these guys are up here saying if some girl like kate upton walked in the room they wouldn't want to get with her.

• Well, they would be honest, but it wouldn't be because she's famous. It would be because she is hot lol.
      Guys don't like girls because they are famous. Some users will suck it up and date a rich old woman tho. But yes, you're welcome. I "try" not to judge on this site. Sometimes I'm unsuccessful

• Your excuse... makes me laugh.
    www.troll.me/.../girls-girls.jpg

• You haven't mentioned the part where he became less of a player.

Or are we just assuming that when he became hotter and more in demand he immediately decided to settle down?

• I don't think he ever was. I rejected him because I thought he was a player but then started to ignore him when he really actually liked me cause I didn't feel the same. It wasn't because I thought he was ugly or anything either... I guess now that he is kinda "famous" and really really attractive I wish I'd given it a chance but that is the superficial side of me talking

• He's probably a player now, whereas he wasn't before, lol. The OP has it all wrong, but what can you expect?

• Maybe

• You don't. You're shallow, and you're passed up a great opportunity that you can't redo. Have fun living your life with that.

• That's what you get for being shallow too bad he is better than you now.

• Back then they didn't know me now I'm hot they all on me.

• Mike Jones who Mike Jones

• They tellin all they friends when I leave how they miss me now

• I'm a stall her like she stalled me now she tryna call me bitch image dog your ho ass like you dogged me. Okay I'm done lol

• Don't worry about it. A guy with that much fame and prestige would have most likely been tempted by all sorts of groupie girls and swimsuit models to sleep around with and cheat on you. Most young male athletes are real meat-heads who are tempted by sex, drugs, and rock'n'roll. And usually blow away all their earnings faster than they earn them. Many of them don't last long as pros anyway.

• that is very true thanks!

• Haha, this at least comes across really shallow. And if looks and fame are all you are after, then it is shallow. But I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

You rejected him for the person he was then. Because he was a player. And yet in all likelihood, he is still probably a player. So you do not have anything to regret.

I think what you are feeling is an infatuation with a lifestyle you don't have.

• Mhmm that was definitely it! And maybe I was being shallow who cares i like some guys for their personality and some guys for their looks everyone here is acting like they're fuckin angels

• As long as you are honest about it and are upfront with people, the hell with everyone else. But I think eventually you are going to want both in the same person. And in all likelihood, that person isn't going to want someone shallow.
      Having high standards is good, treat people with dignity and I think you'll find success with what you are looking for. I sense more entitlement than shallowness with you.

• i mean i would say i am pretty honest.. but obviously if i am physically attracted to a guy i am not going to say "hey so you're really hot that's why im dating you" cause ill try to get to know him better first lol

• "Back then they didn't want me, now I'm hot they all on me" but yea seriously of I were you I'd just talk to the guy and kinda do some "what ifs" and see how he feels. I've been in a similar situating before but I only rejected her because she was only 11 and I was 16 lmao. Now she's 18 and super sexy. Just kinda let him know what you think of him now vs then and I'm sure you might feel better.

• Nah I think I've moved on haha I was just feeling regretful for a bit.

• Karma is a...

P. S. You deserved this. Maybe you should start looking into people instead of being materialistic.

• "I've got enough money I'm not a gold digger trust me. But do I want a guy whose a celebrity and all the girls want? hell yes. Don't act like you're any different we all want what we can't have."

Actually, no.

Men are pretty different. You're projecting your own modes of attraction onto the opposite gender.

It's been corroborated in sociological studies that women prefer men whom they know are desired by other women. This preference does not exist in men.

Women, by nature, tend to like men that they "can't have". Men tend to just like what they like.

• Awww you poor baby, maybe one day you'll grow up

• Seriously? You are probably the most shallow women I have ever heard of... But what goes around comes around...

• try to forget him it'll be better for you

• Move on. Time doesn't only work in one direction. So you saying no means that maybe he is flawed and those flaws will be on display in the future. Everything happens for a reason.

• Skater boy- Avril Lavine

• Wait so girls not settling for average guys is the equivalent of guys not settling for whales. That sounds like female logic.

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 17

• LOL. You're too late and I think it's pretty sad that you feel regret because of his new status. Sad as fuck. What happened to liking a person for who them, not because of their social status? Wow! He dodged a bulled here.

• I meant bullet. I am sorry but I am glad he didn't get a chance with you.

• This girl is sooooo attractive she deserves a hot guy lmfao any guy hot or not will shot yours arse to the street after he's had his bit of fun. You are the one with no reality on life u must watch too many of those reality tv wives of Hollywood or whatever. Find love in whatever form it comes in and respect it. Your looks will fade very soon, most hot girls do and no hot guy will stick around for you. The comments on here are valid as u have pissed people off too much with this and hide behind anonymous.

• Move on. You live and you learn i guess. There isn't much you can do. Just think of it as a life lesson.

• You never were into him and now you regret because he's some big thing now? Sounds wrong.

• I never said what I was feeling was right.

• Date a different hot guy? There are so many guys out here for you to be fretting over any particular shmoe.

• When we are not into a person, we definitely won't date him/her. It is the same for all people.
    As for mistaken him for a player, Take this as a lesson that next time when u meet another guy, know him on a deeper level before you strike him off. and dont believe everything u hear or read from someone else. i know rumours spread like wildfire in school campus, however also be on guard against fakes.
    Sometimes when we missed an opportunity, we just missed it, we can beat our chest but life goes on...

• Well we won't be going out anymore but i found someone else and i am over the feeling of regret now thanks for your advice tho!

• I'd be more concerned about how shallow you're being, you didn't like his personality but now he's physically attractive you want him? Very shallow.

• And he has status too.
      Indeed, very shallow..

• Duhhhhh! @Belnnovative damned 'i' s and 'l' s!

• Still not doing it! @BeInnovative

• I don't feel you do. You are just jealous of his progress.

• You don't like him enough to be with him. You only like him now because he is hot and popular, he deserves more.

• Did you miss the part where i said he used to be a player? apparently you people don't know how to read questions.

• Well then you're being pretty hypocritical I assume you know exactly the type of guy he is now to know i don't deserve him?

• I never said I knew how he is now. I am saying that you don't deserve him now since you weren't interested before. From the way you stated your question it looks like the only two things that have changed are his looks and popularity... And that change makes you regret your lack of interest.

• Just randomly message him on FB or something and say you were sorry for the way you treated him before. If he writes back you can talk more about things and work up I maybe getting with him. But who knows what'll happen in the future.

• This is pretty much a loser way to approach..
      Apologizing about what you had already done with the hope of him talking to you back... well you can also call it 'licking what you have spitted already'

• I don't plan on apologizing really or getting him back. I don't feel the need to apologize for not liking someone you know?

• I didn't mean to apologize for not liking him, more like apologize to help you move past regretting it.

I wrote another message but it didn't post. Anyhow it said as for the regret part to tell him you were sorry about how you never gave him the chance but you didn't see him that way.

• Awww, welll that's too bad
    Guess you'll have to find another hot guy

• I feel your regret but just don't think about him you'll find someone new

• Hmmm, tell yourself you don't want to date someone because of superficial reasons. Don't regret your decision. You didn't like him before and if he didn't have the personality to capture your attention then what's so great about him?

• Yeah I guess so that's definitely true our personalities didn't click and he seemed really desperate to me at the time which is why i thought he was a player but guess not. He was practically in love with me before so hey at least I have something to brag about ;)

• Lmao that's what you get for rejecting him. Move on, you had your chance

• My boyfriend is a famous hot guy at the college. I'm always in doubt if he's a player or not and with so many chicks around him I'm always worried and paranoid :/ So yeah that's the unattractive side of having a hot boyfriend.

• Yeah i get you girl! good for you :)

• yeah i have;t had much luck with the popular jock-type guys honestly! the guy i'm dating now is in law school and he's much more relaxed

• Yeah good for you. Before getting together with my current bf I used to like another popular guy too and I thought he liked me back until I find out he was a huge player that flirts with everyone! :/

• I don't want a hot famous athlete.
    I think testosterone driven alpha males are typically always the same. Yeah they are nice to look at, but in reality, they are usually not as bright and often cheat. I assume (and may be wrong) but are you into the Kardashian life ideology. The one where you are famous for being famous. You have an active instagram account, and constantly want the praise of others. You feel that having a shallow trophy relationship would make others admire you more and you actually don't care if they like you for who you are as long as they like you? I am not trying to attack you here, I am curious if this is accurate.

If you had gotten with this guy when he was after you, I am fairly certain he would have been done with you by now for many reasons and if you were to see him now and made it known you were interested... He will more than likely use you for the lay and toss you aside.

I am not judging you for being shallow. But I have to state, it is not a path you should try and travel, WE don't look great forever, and if you only care for the shallow shit now, you will be alone and miserable when your looks fade (AND they will!). You need to have some depth of character and something other than your body to offer the world.

• 3|3
  • You can't. We live and learn.