Guys: Would you date a girl with mental/emotional issues?

I recently went on a college retreat with some classmates and this guy I like. During the retreat, there was a deep moment where everyone had to go around and talk about our lives. I gave way too much information about how I'm bipolar, struggle with an eating disorder and had PTSD (from being sexually abused as a child... I didn't state that's why, but I'm guessing people may assume that anyway) I regret sharing all this information but it just spilled out. We had hit it off initially but now I'm worried he got scared away and will think I'm too emotionally/mentally damaged. I'm working through these issues and they aren't as severe as in the past.

Would these types of issues be a dealbreaker?

Most Helpful Girl

• *Everyone* has a past and if he can't accept yours you don't need him...

• Thr right guy for you will accept it and won't judge you because of it...

• The*

What Guys Said 8

• Of course I would. No it's not a dealbreaker. I don't have mental/emotional issues, but I understand it. I haven't dealt with PTSD specifically, but still I understand it.

• Depends on how little control you have over yourself.

If you can't even understand yourself, what hope would you have understand another person?

• Every1 has a emotional part of life.. itz nothing wrong with that.. it takes guts to share..
    i would date you...

• Who don't have issues?

• I don't know if this is good or bad but mental/emotional issues make me fall faster. I don't know, I guess I'm just the fixer-upper guy.

• No I wouldn't.

I've got my own problems to deal with I don't have the patience to deal with anyone else's.

• No, I've dated a woman with emotional issues. I dont think I'd go down that path again.

• It depends what issues they are. I couldn't date a girl with daddy issues.

What Girls Said 0