A Rock Has More Personality?

I dated this guy 15 years ago and found him on Facebook about a year ago. This past week he messaged me saying he wanted to come spend the weekend with me. BUT it was like having a rock sitting on my couch the whole weekend. He watched movies on Netflix and hardly spoke, basically ignored me wen I did try to start a conversation, didn't touch me, flirt, make eye contact or even look at me hardly for that matter. Didn't give not one compliment or any sign e was the least bit interested ! So I couldn't wait for the weekend to end so I could take him home... took him home and even on the hour and a half drive he slept and didn't say maybe two words the whole time! I knew there was nothing there. I knew I would not be making that trip again only to have a rock taking up space on my couch all weekend , BUT when I get home and sign onto Facebook he sends me a message saying "Hope you made it home ok!! Had a really great time sweetheart Sorry I felt so bad toward the end of our time Hope to see you again sometime, bye hun!!
That was the most life I seen come from this guy the whole weekend !! I swore I knew without doubt he had no interest what so ever in me then that message.. now I am lost with any answers.. clue as to how he really felt! All body language and actions said not interested , but his message says the opposite. Can the guys maybe clear this up on what message I should listen to PLEASE ! Thanks!

• Give this guy another chance to show life
  • Hit the road and never look back
I Hit The Road to never look back after mulling it over for a day... The not being there and making me wait 40 minutes after driving an hour and a half and not sure if I included this detail in the question being limited in words, but the lie he told that he rode up town with his pops only for me to see him get out of a car full of his buddies all the way across the parking lot , were detrimental to ever trusting this guy even in the simplest of things.

Most Helpful Girl

• In reading what you have put here, "W," without it being etched in stone, it sounds like he was just Treating You and your gracious hospitality as though You were Both-----Just a room at the Holiday Inn.
    He was rude and crude, showing total disrespect by Using and Abusing you, lopping and loping and loafing around as though he were at the Ritz.
    He didn't give a hill of beans if you were wearing a maid's uniform, pinafore attached. He just wanted a free weekend, a place to lay his hat and no action between the sheets because it Might mean Straying for even a second from his flicks and kicks... he was looking for comfort in all the wrong places, trouble was, it didn't Contain You in his Picture Tube.
    Delete him and Block him from Your Facebook and your House. He will pull it again, this Joe from Idaho, and the next time it will probably be More down a beaten path.
    Listen to this Here ol wise owl... she knows when someone is being taken and when someone is Taking someone for a ride. This major dud is just a train wreck that wants to ride your caboose for the carefree weekends away from his Own----No meals on wheels service back at his own ranch.
    Good luck. xx

• I agree with everything you said here and when I dropped him off I had every intention of never looking back... but then the sweet message had me second guessing what I read from his body language. But without knowing in full detail you hit it on the head his own words he used " I'm ready to get away when you are " when answering me when I asked when he would want to come visit. He was very disrespectful too as after driving an hour and half he wasn't even there when I got there and I had to sit in my car in a strange place waiting an additional 40 minutes for him to get there ! Now that everyone has commented exactly the thoughts I was having , but didn't want to be too judgmental without giving it a fair shot... I realize now I gave it more of a fair chance than most people would have. I will not b making that trip again and if he wants another shot HE will have to find his way here and put out all the cost&time and that should tell me freeloader or shy

• Thank you, sweetie, for allowing me to help you shed some light on a loafer.. hope you are okay and just take this time to believe it was just one more of life's little lessons. xxoo

• And what do you call a free loader who uses ad abuses someone's gracious hospitality? Certainly Not a house guest.

What Guys Said 7

• It's an obvious answer. What a gump of a man and doesn't deserve someone good like you if he is not going to appreciate yiu

• Was he like that when you dated him? Maybe he was just really nervous around you in person, but had courage when he is behind a computer screen.

• He was not like that when I dated him, but he drank a lot back then ( not a sloppy or mean drunk, but a drunk none the less which is why I broke it off those many years ago ) now he doesn't drink at all... would this change his personality that much?

• I never really watched Friends that much...

• This guy is a complete idiot. He has no idea how to interact without the alcohol and will always be this way.

He will drag you down so step back.

• I had a very similar incident with a girl not to long ago, almost identical. I said fuck this shit , never talked to her again.

• The description reminded me of a freeloader. I don't think anything further is possible.

• I did use $76 in gas to get him here and back home and he didn't offer ANY gas money... not even 5 bucks :( ( drive a SUV/ gas hog)

• He probably doesn't want to come off too strong, so he rather just chooses not to do anything.

• He could choose not to do anything at home though ;P haha

What Girls Said 2

• lol i love this question title:P

well, I'm not a guy, but i know that this lack of personality usually is the result of him not actually knowing how to act around you. he could be more lively around people he's more comfortable with.

• Sounds like a freeloader.