Recently I made Tinder. I've been talking with a gorgeous, funny girl. I've asked her out and she's told me she has mild Cerebral Palsy. What to do?

She said it only effects one of her arms and slightly influences the way she walks. This was a total curve ball and I'm not sure what to do.

I assured her that I'd follow through with the date and I plan to do that, but I don't know what to expect.

Does anyone have any experience or opinions on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• Make a sexual bet based on a head to head game of Jenga. You can't lose👍

#GoingToHellOnAFullScholarship

• In seriousness, so I don't come off as a total dickead, just go on the date as you would anyone else. No expectations, just roll with it. Maybe you'll actually like her and the mild CP won't be an issue.

• You win, sir

What Girls Said 3

• just treat her like u would treat any 1 else just because she has a mild disability doesn't make her any different to u or me

• The problem however is that it won't stay a "mild disability" forever. I know a girl with cerebal palsy. When she was 6 she could walk more or less fine, by the time she was 12 she had a motorized wheelchair. Now she can't really walk on her own, far less lift anything of any considerable weight.

I know it sounds cynical, but that's how cerebal palsy works. It just gets worse and worse and worse... until it cripples you. What's mild now can and likely will turn severe later on.

• I'm definitely not looking for a long term committed relationship at this point. I just recently got out of a 5 year relationship with another girl, and at 20, I think it's time to explore. I'll definitely still go on the date because she seems like a really cool chick and she's totally hot, I was just posting this to see if anyone had any insights, as I'm totally inexperienced with this.

• just treat her like you would treat ny 1 else thats what id do

• Just treat her normally, if she needs your help she'll ask for it.

• It's just a date, you're not marrying her. Treat her as normal.

What Guys Said 2

• well don't expect anything because you really don't know what to expect. just go on the date and when the date is over, make you decision based on how it went and how you feel.

• Sensible advice, I'm just kinda shocked, haha. Doesn't help that it's 3:15am

• @Asker nothing good happens after 2am, just go to sleep lol. HIMYM rule :D

• I had a teacher in high school who had cerebral palsy. He was one of the greatest people I had ever met. He was unable to walk long distances, and had to use a wheelchair to get long distances. The disability, however, does not effect who the person really is. If its mild, at least. You should most certainly go on the first date to see what kind of person she's like, if she's really engaging, you probably won't even notice she has it.