Do guys like it when girls avoid having sex early on?

I met this guy online and we ended up meeting up briefly at the bar on Friday and then I went to his place last night and watched football, and then we watched a movie. We chatted and got to know each other and during the movie we cuddled, which led to making out, which let to heavy petting, and I know he wanted to go further, but I told him I wasn't ready. He obliged and we just cuddled and would've fallen asleep. He told me he wanted me to stay the night but I had to get home to my dog. At that point it was already 3 am. We kissed goodbye, but he didn't mention hanging out again and I haven't talked to him since.

Do guys appreciate when girls avoid sex this early? It was kind of hard to read what he thought. Should I wait for him to contact me? Any input it appreciated, thanks.

Most Helpful Guy

• I neither like nor dislike it. I either like you or I don't. Girls are under the impression that holding out makes the guy like you more or something, but thats not even remotely true. If I respect you , I respect you from the beginning. I f we go too long without though , I might think the girl isn't into me like that.

What Guys Said 6

• That pretty much describes my Friday too... and she wasn't ready either, except she did stay the night and left the following morning (her cat can look after itself better I guess)

Would I have had sex with her if she'd been receptive? Yes. Am I disappointed that I 'only' got to snuggle up to her all night? Absolutely not, I loved every second of it. If anything, I like her even more knowing that she enjoys just nestling in as close as can be and falling asleep. It's one of my favourite things to do.

I told her at the time that I thought it was amazing, and that I wanted to do exactly this again soon, and she agreed. We've talked since then, too.

If you don't hear from him later today I'd suggest you drop him a line and see when he's free next - on the off chance that he wasn't sure if you actually liked him or not.

• I'm dying laughing, I'm sorry, but i couldn't help it. i just went "did you really just ask that?"
    Hell no guys don't like nor appreciate when a girl avoids sex early. and i bet you he even hated it more. all the signs were there too lol
    you met online, you met in person at a bar, football, movie, cuddling, making out, petting, and then one more step... and bam you cut him off. I'm not surprised he's not talking to you anymore. you led him on, BAD lol. your first mistake was going back to his place, everything else after that just built on that. I've answered questions like this a gagillion times. If you don't plan on having sex with a guy you just met, don't go home with him or stay the night.

• You did fine. If he only wanted sex and you did provide it he would have dumped you as a conquest achieved anyway. If he values you he will be back. If you like contact him, but I'd let him do the contacting. If he never does you have his answer in how interested he was I you. Move on.

• You didnĀ“t make a bad choice. He would probably think you are just one more whith who he will sleep with, but by you avoiding to have sex with him early, you showed him that your intentions in the relationship are serious.

• Well I mean I have my choice of women. I have to say there is no better way to stop me dead in my tracks but to get naked and let me show you how much of a am I really am. I mean I'm not saying that it's a bad idea to wait but when a girl gets busy quickly with me I quickly forget every other girl and focus on her. I can't help myself I'm bad sometimes lol

• Guys may not like waiting but they are generally fine with it. Any of us worth our salt want the lady to feel comfortable.

What Girls Said 1

• Do guys like having to wait for sex? No

Should you have sex with a guy on the first date if you want your relationship to be based on more than sex? Probably not.