A girl I am SEEING if trying to hook her friend up with my roomate WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. DO I have to right to say no to that, and to be upset?

A girl I have been "seeing" for only two weeks, NOT in a relationship. We are getting along great but I am not one to jump into relationships, so I have told her for now that I am not committing to her.

Yesterday she met my roomate and decided she would try to set up her friend with my roomate... so, without talking to me, she found him on Facebook, they all made plans for a double date THEN she invited me. First off, I am NOT down with her setting her friend up with my roomate, it can lead to so much drama. What if things don't work out between us and I end up bringing some other girl home, and her friend is there? It's just too much mess, too much crossover between our lives without even being in a relationship!!!

Just FYI here: it's not like my roomate and her friend just hapenned to meet and hit it off. They haven't even MET and the girl I'm seeing just decided that he seems nice and to set them up because her friend is desperate.

Most Helpful Girl

• your roommate is a person, not your property, so I guess there's nothing wrong with her setting a date up between him and her friend - given he's happy about that. I mean, you got chicks flocking at your home address, and you moan about it? lol. anyways, you're still free to decline the invite, you're not forced to double date. just talk to her and explain you'd rather 'date' as separate couples.

• RIGHT, but the issue here is my roomate and I live together in a very small house. Therefore, say that I don't feel like hanging out with the girl so I make some excuse, then the other girl comes over to hang with my roomate and sees that I'm home and not doing anything, then she tells my girl "oh yeah Alex was home"... not a fan of that.

• dude I feel your trouble because I've been sharing houses with many people in the past, but I think you're a bit overthinking it all.. don't worry so much, life is a weird mess anyways, but there's always a cool solution to everything. you still don't know if your roommate is ok about going to this date, you don't know what happens after they meet (maybe they'll find each other horrible lol), you don't even know if you still want to date this girl. hint: you already told her you don't want to committ to her, and you're freaking out at the idea of future girls in your bedroom while her friend is around your mate's one.. lol. I would fix that first, tbh. good luck! :D

What Girls Said 9

• She should have consulted with you Firstly, sweetie, for beingf you are not this cozy couple just yet, she became this straw boss Instead behind your back and Yes, I would have to agree-----It's just too much mess.. especially if the brew boils over.
    Do this this one time.. it may not even work out anyways, many times blind dates dump so don't put them in a bridal bouquet just yet.
    However, you on the other hand, have even bigger fish to fry with this female.. set her strsight about a few of your own ground rules or she will have you in a Tux without you even Realizing you are walking down the aisle.
    Good luck. xx

• If you're THAT upset, maybe talk to this girl and tell her how you feel about the situation. That you're upset about the fact that she is setting up a date with your roommate and her friend without discussing it with you. But, it really is between your roommate and this girls friend. It's his choice if he wants to date the friend or not. And if you're worried that things might not work out in the end, and you bring girls home while the friend is there, then you shouldn't worry about her. It's your life and your decision to be with whoever you want. You shouldn't let something like that bother you. But yeah, I think you should talk to this girl.

• She should never have gone ahead and arranged this, first she should have discussed this with you and listened to your view on this idea and if you said no and explained why then she should have respected your decision... tbh if anything in the future you could have introduced your roommate and her friend to eachother as friends and it would be upto them two if they wanted to take things further... what if it's the other way around and you and your girl become official ypu love her and your roommate and this friend fall out and he moves on this could cause conflict with you and your girl... she crossed a line she should not have without considering your views... this is not a good way to get your man to commit to a relationship.

• No you do not have the right to do that. First of all like you said you aren't in a relationship with her so why should she have to consider what you think? And maybe think about your room mate... he is allowed to be set up if that is what you want. You are making this a way bigger deal than it is. Maybe nothing will even happen between the girl and your mate... like seriously get over yourself.

• She should consider what I think BECAUSE IT AFFECTS ME. I live with my roomate, she DOESN'T live with her friend so doesn't have to deal with any of that. The issue here is my roomate and I live together in a very small house. Therefore, say that I don't feel like hanging out with the girl so I make some excuse, then the other girl comes over to hang with my roomate and sees that I'm home and not doing anything, then she tells my girl "oh yeah Alex was home"... not a fan of that.

• So be honest with the girl and there is no problem. And if you guys don't work out then you don't need to care if her friend sees you with other girls and stuff because you have moved on.

• You don't cock block friends! Think of what of what your roommate might gain, don't be so greedy LOL ;)

• Than just be honest and tell you don't feel like hanging out. No big deal. At least to me it's not. But for now you're worrying about something that is not reality yet and might not even be reality. Maybe your roommate won't even like her friend?

• Um, I think that situation is kind of between your roommate and her friend... concentrate on your own relationship.

• Not your business. That is between her and her room mate.

• HAHAHAHA both of those chics sound desperate

• Ooo you're in a sticky position. Just hint that you don't want her friend seeing your roommate or tell your roommate that you don't want them to see eachother

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think you get to control that kind of situation.

• You ain't no playa, yo own game you salt up bruh!