Why did my ex contact me after years to tell me this?

My ex bf dumped me 2.5 years ago, mainly because he wanted to have sex and I wanted to wait a bit longer (I was a virgin at the time) Anyway, I dumped me in a really cruel way and then later ridiculed me online on his blog, Facebook etc. I decided to delete him from fb the day after he broke up. However, mutual friends told me that he was still angry about the fact, that I moved on so quick and didn't seem to bother about him. I ignored him throughout the whole period and never wrote to him again.

Fast forward 2.5 years and he writes me a message on fb, saying hi and saying he hopes I'm ok, along with telling me to say hi to the family and that he now lives in my home country after getting a job there.

I replied as nicely as I could and just for the sake of it. He went on to tell me that he's pulled himself together and has gotten his act together, that he loves his new career, that he feels great about travelling, then he proceeded to ask me what I had been up to, along with telling me his brother got married and how his mom was doing.

Why would my ex contact me after so many years to tell me all these things? I mean, I don't really care about it since he dumped me like that years ago.

Most Helpful Guy

• He's finally grown up and regrets how he dumped u. Or he's trying to. finish something he started and finally have sex with u. Play along but be careful not to get hurt again. If he's genuine then maybe u can be friends again

• I'm not that into him anymore to be honest. I kind of realised what a loser he was after he dumped me and I've definitely upgraded since then :) but thanks for your input

What Guys Said 2

• 2.5 is not all years ago. You probably just popped up in his head one day and he decided to see how you were doing. I've had an ex after 7 years send me an email that was pretty much the same thing. They are just curious.

• he's horny

What Girls Said 3

• To me it sounds like he felt he made a mistake and has regrets about what happend with you. I think he is doing this more himself and his intentions aren't about or for you. You shouldn't have responded in the first place in my opinion, just be done with him.

• Maybe he's not over you?

• because 'he now lives in your home country' so maybe he thinks having a few more contacts there would help, not to feel completely alone. btw, since you said he dumped you in a cruel way and ridiculed you online, I would just ignore him and get on with my business. it could also be he's suddenly remembered who lives in that county and got attracted by the chance of you being still a virgin.. he's probably massively regretting it all, knowing he missed his chance to be the first man on the moon.. again, forget about this jerk and move on.