Should I wait until I'm older to get a boyfriend?

I want a boyfriend but I'm worried at the age of seventeen, it might distract me from school work, should I wait until I'm older?

Most Helpful Guy

• Find a nice guy. Forget the assholes. You women are hard wired to be attracted to assholes.

When it gets serious, explain that you crave an emotionally intimate and monogamous relationship, but school comes first.

Avoid the study sessions. I can not count the number of classes I would have passed if not for study buddy hanky panky.

When you go off to college, remember that this school is now charging you an ungodly sum of money. How will you spend that money? Fucking or studying?

What Guys Said 5

• your seventeen right? well most seventeen year old girls i know have boyfriends and there doing just fine in school and/or work. sure it might distract u a little bit but it's nothing to worry about i swear unless u start paying to much atenantion to him

• Don't wait for the guy who only gets balls to ask you out to prom or semi. Take who makes themselves available, date around until you click or hit it off. There's no age on love, cause it takes a long time to decide.

• Well I'm 16 and I'm focusing on school work at the moment. But teenagers our age do still get into relationships but it's not for me right now.

• i want a girl friend and im 17

• Tbh its better at a younger age and it depends u might or might not.

What Girls Said 3

• It all comes down to what you want... I didn't have my first real relationship until I was 20.. I'd had "boyfriends" while still in school, but we never acted as a couple so I dont count them at all, we didn't even kiss or hang out outside of school... having a boyfriend distracted me from my Uni studies something shocking, but thats because I was living on campus 2hrs from where he lived and I was missing him like crazy.

If you want a bf, go for it.

• It depends on your personality. Some people can still focus on everything while they are in a relationship, while others pour all their thoughts & feelings into the relationship. .

• Yes, it does distract you from school. Don't do it. It's like a drug.