Can GIRLS get out of the friend zone?

I've known this guy for a long time, we've always flirted, kinda went on dates but were never together. He talks to me about other girls, hits on girls etc. But then at times flirts with me like we're not just friends... I don't get it. We had one conversation about it a while ago and he apologized and I told him to stop messing with me... but he's still doing it.

Am I forever friend zoned? I'm much prettier to be honest (idk how to not sound shallow lol) and nicer to him than the girls he's dating, so i don't get it? He talks to me about "girls" as if I'm not a girl myself sometimes? If I talk about other guys he gets weird too... I don't understand.

Most Helpful Guy

• Flirt, lol, that's all it takes. Friends don't flirt, therefore, stay just friends.. once you start flirting, and pretty seriously for that matter, is when it turns in to not friends

What Guys Said 3

• Women have a easier time getting out of the friend zone then guys do.

• Find a skimpiest sexy outfit invite him over surprise him either close the door in his face say your not Jake or say come in big boy.

• He is pulling a "Steve" on you. Watch "The Tao of Steve." It'll set you streight.

What Girls Said 1

• I gotta tell ya I actually wonder if the friendzone really exists. I had a friend that I was convinced he and I would be permanetly friend zoned by each other. After years of drinking together and falling asleep on the couch together we finally hooked up. Now we had been flirting forever, but I really didn't think there was much there. I asked him why one day and he told me he had been sexually attracted to me for years before he made a move. It was kind of sweet and weird at the same time.

• why didn't he a make a move for years?

• Not really. We weren't friends for a year due to the strain the change of status quo in our relationship. Eventually we worked things out, but you do have to tread very lightly and be very very honest with the person.

• Yeah.. I gave up on this guy to be honest. I told him the truth and he didn't want me so I am moving on lol, we're still friends but i need someone who won't take a risk of losing me you know?