What should a white girl know when dating a mexican guy?

im a white female, an i was recently asked out by a mexican guy and said yes. I've never dated a mexican guy before, but i am friends with a lot of mexican girls. is there anything i need to know going into this relationship?

Most Helpful Girl

• I dated a Mexican guy. And let me tell you something; the way they are varies depending on the place they were born and how they were raised. My ex parents both have university degrees, one has a doctors degree in philosophy. My ex brother is at university studying philosophy and theology. While my ex is doing a dual bachelor in education and English; he previously studied experimental biology and biomedical engineering. The are a family who wants to improve themselves, and the way the treat people is amazing. If you are a guest on their house they will give you everything to make you feel at home.

Why did I said this? To tell you each person is different... if you tell me more about this guy (the one who asked you) I may be able to help. I live in Mexico (although I'm Russian) and have learnt a lot of their culture.

• This was completely useless information.

• I didn't think it was useless. Certainly a deviation from "they're all illegal laborers trying to get into the USA" that I hear EVERY day.

Easy to forget that there are people in Mexico that are smarter than others around the world too.

• I've heard a lot about him in the past couple days from a lot of the mexican girls that i am friends with saying that he's going to try to use me and that he will try to touch my ass. He actually flirted a lot with me before he asked me out. He would like call me sexy in Spanish ( which made my face turn red from blushing) but i think its kinda weird cause im mostly an indoor girl who always is in games and computers, so im not used to the attention that he is giving me, but i think i like it. i just dont know if i should let my feelings decide, or if i should listen to my friends. he seems nice, but he is kinda a badass, but I've always been into those kinds of guys.

What Guys Said 6

• You should know that he is a human being, who just happens to be "Mexican". That is what you should really know.

• Don't disrespect his mom or grandma, She'll hit you with the chancla

• El español es un buen comienzo! :)

• Learn Spanish to know what the mom really thinks of you ha.

• there's nothing to know. He's a regular guy.

• In Mexico it is a lot more acceptable for men to cheat, than in America. This has nothing to do with race, it is just a difference with their culture being tolerant of a boys will be boys attitude. I have never known a even one Mexican man that was faithful. In fact they openly bragged about cheating. This is why they are so protective over their female relatives. They assume other men must be as bad as themselves.

• That's some racist bullshit.

• As I already mentioned it has nothing to do with their race. Believe it or not feminism isn't as strong in some third world countries.

• American women are more independent and less willing to put up with that type of behavior.

What Girls Said 5

• The family is usually overly involved in the relationship. Im not sure why, but in mexican families, also its like the sons job to take care of his mother. My mother would do anything to help me out, I found that when I dated a mexican man, it was the other way around.. he would make car payments for his mother.. it was kinda ridiculous.. I told him we had to break up because he was already supporting a family... he didn't need another and our relationship wouldn't be able to go anywhere. This was a grown woman in her 40s, with a government job, living off her son.

• Really depends how he is regardless of being Mexican.
    I would observe his family if they are more traditional then of course he might be more traditional as well. Or if his family is the partying type then they are more laid back.
    I have the traditional type of family mixed with partying every now & then. But some of my friends who are also Mexican damn there family's are crazy fun lol they throw some big fiestas haha.
    Just depends how he was raised really.
    I know respect is a huge thing in our culture, also that you are hard working respectable woman.
    Like I said it all depends how he was raised.

• That they have small Ds

• Spanish might help? =P

• I mean unless you believe in some stereotypes about Mexicans you should prooooobably just treat the relationship like any other lol