Does "crushing" on a guy ALWAYS feel awkward and confusing?

I'm 18, and never dated. There's a guy I like, I found out today that he likes me. He's a coworker and our manager was actually the one to try and set us up. I've liked him since I started working there and I was always pretty cool about it. But now that I know he likes me, I can't even look at him. I've done this with guys before, I always shut down as soon as things get "real". As soon as there's a chance that him and I could actually date in the future...
I really like this guy and I don't want this to end up like all my other relationships where we only talk over text, and we can't even talk in person.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• It can be if you make it but as long as it isn't always that way it's fine and normal :)

• It's always awkward and confusing. When I met my bf I was always nervous. Eventually you won't be as nervous. I've been with him for 2 years now and I still get nervous sometimes it will always be there with someone you like.