First date, men only?

Where to take her? How to dress? When to make a move? and add whatever you think is needed. ( also I haven talk to girl for over a year and I'm rusty )

Most Helpful Guy

• Bowling, A couple beers at the bar, drop her off home and when she asks do you want to come in? You say yes cowboy ;)

What Girls Said 1

• Men only? Why?

Take her someplace you've been beifre and you're comfortable in so you won't be awkward.

What Guys Said 6

• Assuming you've actually spent a little time getting to know her:

Take her someplace where you can demonstrate you've paid attention to previous conversations. Pretty much any link you can draw between something she said and where you wind up taking her will score you major points. Try to avoid cliche date spots if possible, unless you get the vibe that cliched dating is what she's looking for, because some girls are totally into that.

Dress appropriately for a date. Clean, unripped jeans and a button-down shirt. Showing up in a t-shirt is not impressive. Overdressing for a first date is equally unimpressive.

Make a move if you feel like you've been hitting it off. Women aren't usually that hard to read if you're paying attention. There have been times when I've clearly felt that the girl I was out with wanted me to kiss her, and so I just went in for it. Other times I haven't been completely clear, and I just told them "I think I'd really like to kiss you now" and they've been receptive to it, with responses like "You should probably do that, then".

Note that when I say I haven't been "completely" clear on whether or not they wanted me to kiss them, I mean that I'm not picking up seriously obvious vibes. If I catch any hint of negativity during the date, I know that making a move is off the table.

Remember that women are people, not mystical creatures of mystery. That helps.

• It's really hard to give general advice for this. It really depends on your personalities, how you met, what your interests are. Dinner is generally a safe thing, but is pretty boring. I've always preferred some sort of activity that you can do together, while still acting somewhat independently— take a tour of something, go to a museum, sign up for a one-time painting class— that way you have something to take away any awkwardness that might be there, and you have built-in conversation starters. If things are going well, then you can find a place to get something to eat or to grab a drink afterwards. If not, then you have an easy exit when things finish.

If you do stick with just dinner, try to do something that involves a little more activity— fondue, hibachi, or dim sum, for example. Really, anything that keeps the two of you from sitting at a table, trying to figure out where to place your hands as you force awkward first date conversations.

How you dress really depends on your overall style. If you asked her out, presumably you were wearing clothes at the time, or at least she has some idea of how you generally dress. That being said, whenever I go out I try to dress in what the Brits call "smart casual"— casual enough so that you don't feel conspicuous, but formal enough so that if her parents were to magically appear (due to a vengeful god, I can only assume), you wouldn't feel like a total slob. If all else fails, the dress shirt/nice jeans/blazer/nice shoes combo rarely fails.

When to make a move? That really depends on the situation and how things are feeling. If you're sensing a connection— she's making a lot of eye contact, finding excuses to touch your arm/shoulder/leg, laughing at everything you say (even if it's not that funny), those are probably good signs. You just have to sense the opening. That being said, the first move may or may not come on the first date. You just have to know.

Good luck!

• take her at the park grab 2 hot-dogs and 2 cans of beer and sit on a bench to eat them. romantic stuff are corny ;-)

• Go somewhere you can both relax dress according to the place your going make a move at the end of your date give her a peck on the cheek or the lips depending on whether or not she wants you to.

• The answer to your question depends upon the girl's background and expectations, tempered by your financial capacity. You can do only what is within your means.
    For example, a waitress who lives in a trailer park would be delighted with a meal in a pleasant cafe and perhaps a movie.
    A girl from a higher social strata might have an expectation of dinner at a sliver-service restaurant.
    If I was serious about the girl (i. e. liked her a hell of a lot and wanted her as a girlfriend) I found that dinner at a good restaurant followed the next day by a thankyou note attached to a single red rose delivered to her door by a florist worked pretty well.

• Totally depends on the girl. Go with your gut, if it goes well good for you, if not eh worse things happen at sea.
    What you got to remeber is first dates are interviews, don't be the one asking all the questions or you won't know what the hell you're getting into.