Did I show disinterest by not going for the Kiss?

So I met this girl briefly and she asked for my number. We talked on the phone a few hours over the next couple days and she went out of her way to meet me for late night drinks after work, her idea. I kind of considered it a predate and the night was great. We have a lot in common and we talked for a couple of hours. I live in another city about 25 mins anyway and she even offered to drive me home. We got to in front of my house and I kissed her on the cheek but she went in for the kiss. I later called her to tell her I had a great time and I had really chapped lips and I didn't want to ruin our kiss with that. (In reality, I consider this girl dating material and I didn't want to seem like I was just trying to hook up.) We texted a bit the next day but over the course of a week, we had barely spoken and she seemed distant. Then I asked her back out today and she said that she "thinks she might not have felt a romantic connection" but still wants to be my friend. I told her I was just really nervous and explained why I didn't want to kiss her and said I was fine with being friends. We are now suppose to get drinks in a few days. Did I ruin everything with that first night? My impression is I showed disinterest so she immediately friended me in her mind. Can I still possibly salvage this next time we go out? We still barely know each other so I feel nothing is written in stone yet. Or maybe thats hopeful thinking. Help me out ladies! I don't mind being her friend, she's a truly cool girl but I hate missed opportunities for sinething great. Thanks in advance for any advice and good luck out there! <3

Most Helpful Girl

• Well yeah your action seemed that you're not interested, as you're the guy not her, you should've done that move not her, you say you have things in common and you seem interested with being with her, So next time you see her try to man up and kiss her find the right moment, dont find excuses and tell her that you didn't want her to think that you want to hook up with her and you find her really nice and see how she reacts, But don't forget it's either this chance or never..

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Maybe I'm missing something. Did you pull away when she tried to kiss you? Because then it would all make sense.
    Still, talking about the kiss afterwards is a mood killer.

• This feels so weird for me reading this whole post.
    You should be the man leading the whole interaction, right?

• "Did I ruin everything with that first night? My impression is I showed disinterest so she immediately friended me in her mind."

Yes, and your impression is correct.

"Can I still possibly salvage this next time we go out? "

It's very unlikely. But worth a shot.