I had an awkward First Date?

I had a date with a girl; it was really awkward. To make it worse, it was a double date with my brother... I generally turn to him for dating advice and he let me down tremendously by offering this horrid idea. Maybe that was his intentions from the beginning, but thats neither here nor there.

Back on topic, what would girls think about this and what would be a good next move to mend this awkward feeling between us?

PS: It was awkward like this eerie feeling of not knowing what to say, etc.

It was like we were both shy and the awkward silence just added insult to injury, I need to know what would be a good thing to follow up with because I have not spoken to her to since that dreaded day.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly my question was "Why would you want to try to mend something with somebody who you didn't have any chemistry with and with whom conversation was awkward?" I mean -- was she very cute that you want to give it another shot? Or do you just want to give her one more chance to see if it can work? I mean nothing is impossible but if you keep hanging out with this chick but she's not giving you what you need emotionally, socially maybe you should try dating other woman and possibly ALONE lol without your brothers help for awhile? Why not YOU choose who you date lol. I mean that could increase the chances of chemistry? Not sure.

Honestly... your thoughts are towards SAVING a relationship but if you guys had chemistry there wouldn't need to be any "saving." And usually when you try to "save" something you just transition into a boring relationship that was bound to happen. lol But hey I'm not a master at this stuff if I was I would already have a boyfriend.. but to me I wouldn't even want to try to save a date with somebody who couldn't bring anything emotionally to the table. I would assume they weren't interested in me and I would assume I am wasting my time unless they were just really nice and shy.

Now if she's a sweet shy girl and you are a sweet shy guy lol then you both need to get some balls and just hang out by yourselves and see if you both really like each other. I think if you want to actually SAVE the relationship you should spend time ALONE and doing something both of you like doing to see if you both are interested in each other and HAVE chemistry.

Don't include your brother or his date... That probably could of added to the awkwardness and the shyness of both of you. Do something ALONE where you can actually flirt and be romantic without any worries of what other people are thinking of you plus spending time alone with her will give you an idea of what she's like and you can ask her all sorts of questions and find out who she is.

What Girls Said 3

• First dates tend to be really uncomfortable on both sides unless you are close friends before dating. If it was awkward I'm sure she's been thinking about it and wondering if you'll contact her again so I would recommend at least reaching out to her at some point. First dates should be fun and light-hearted, so I often find that keeping active during a date allows us to remain calm, have fun, and still be able to talk. Try taking her somewhere that allows you to do this because restaurants have so many qualities that make first dates unsettling. For example it's quiet, she might already be on edge because of having to chow down in front of you, and my assumption is she hardly knows your brother or the girl he was with? If you want to double date you should do it with mutual friends first. Don't be scared to try again, just make sure you change up the environment.

• Ha ha. I went on a blind double and I said something the guy didn't like and he actually told me to shut up. XDD!
    I love it when guys "out" themselves that early.

• Just ask her. If she's interested in you she's already thinking of ways to have a better date next time. If conversation is difficult suggest taking her somewhere with a built in activity. A group activity is even better. Like a guided walk through a forest preserve, you can say wow pretty flowers and have easy conversation.

If she doesn't want to go, move on and quit taking your brother on dates. Lol

Good luck!

• If I would've had a mentality like yours I would've never gotten a chance to take her on a date. Goes to show there are many different types of girls in the world.

What Guys Said 2

• why was it awkward? other than the double date lol.

• You know, some people actually can not talk socially. One of my friends had this problem and he would actually writing things to talk about on dates