Ladies, why is it that girls demand so many standards out of a guy? Shit together? Know what they want? Are some girls too demanding of this?

From my experiences, men and woman can be true to there words where so woman actions don't add up to questions asked above.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know that some girls have standards but I don't know why they bother with it, they're probably damaging the relationship rope between them. I myself only have one standard: they can't be an airhead. When a girl has more than one standard for a guy it seems like too much.

What Girls Said 7

• I feel some girls can be too demanding. However as a girl i expect the same things out of a guy as i expect from myself. Things like kindness, a good job, manners, respect, motivation, confidence are all things i feel are important for myself as well.

• Well, better to have higher standards and have less to choose from than to settle with someone and be unhappy is the way I see it.

That said, I know what I bring to the table as well. I have my shit together, I know what I want, and I don't think it's unrealistic to expect the same out of a person I'd like to spend a significant amount of my time with. Do I miss out on otherwise nice guys that don't have their acts together and don't know what they want yet? Probably. But because I had a higher standard I don't have to deal with dissatisfaction in those areas when I do choose to be with a guy.

• I can't defecate, if my boyfriend doesn't hold my hand. Who are you to judge?
    i0.kym-cdn.com/.../1237917779613a.jpg?1284764479

• Why the picture? it's just so creepy why are you doing that?

• You should be worried if they didn't have standards. Guys have them too. I got with my husband at a young age. I knew nothing about standards. As I grew older I gathered a vision of the man I would've married had I known better. A hard working man, educated, well spoken, pleasant, dedicated and respectful. Is that asking for a lot if I fill those qualities? I feel like a dumbass for accepting his lack of ambition, the want to work, be a good dad. Everyone should have standards.

• we know what we want. and if you aren't it or can't live up to it then we won't be with you

• I have standards within a relationship, if the guy can't rise to them, id never lower them, bad experiences have taught me what i do want and dont what, i dont believe i am demanding, im not demanding at all, i know and like who i am, so i am not gonna change

• Girls make demands and set expectations for themselves and what they look for in a partner. We don't want to settle for less that we feel like we desirve. Some women become obsessed with certain qualities of past lovers and have this idea of the perfect man or relationship engraved in their brain. Its not to hurt anyone; but rather because its what we think we want or need to get the most out of our life. Women often feel like we don't need men. Were looking for one that we want. Because to love is a choice- not an obligation

• I see it more of a defense

• I see what you're saying, I agree with you on most of it, but I really think that sometimes women put up a defense barrier against men. I have met some women that will make expectations and their expectations of themselves are less than what they have of the guy.

• I would agree with you on your opinion , However, Woman are too afraid to take risk. How do you know that the guy next to you is the perfect partner. You can have standards but standards can block you from a great guy that fits you so well!

What Guys Said 2

• If it is indeed true that women are demanding too much, then they won't get what they want. Therefore a downward "correction" is inevitable in order to for them to adopt reasonable aspirations and salvage at least something for the sake of companionship. Should she get exactly what she wants, good for her. Just know that it wasn't a one-way street, because there was obviously a man willing to appease her lofty standards.

What if you chose to be ambitious with your personal relationships and others scorned you for being shallow and unfeeling for those less fortunate? You would likely disagree, but neither their opinions nor your opinion matter. What matters are the results. If the results don't favor your ambitions, you have a decision to make. Don't let the opinions or ambitions of others affect your opinions and ambitions. It's very easy to see causality amongst all the noise, but really it boils down to your personal integrity.

• they usually argue that they don't require much from a guy. but how real is that argument lol

• Yet, they make demands