Is a semi-long distance relationship worth it?

I am interested in a guy at my current school but I will be moving about 30 minutes away and going to a new school. I will know new people and I won't see him as much. I am wondering if the relationship is worth it, I don't want to get hurt. I really like this guy and he is really sweet and I don't think he would cheat on me but I haven't been in a relationship before so I have nothing to go off of.

• Long Distance Relationship
  • Leave it be
  • Other (Please state option in comments)

Most Helpful Guy

• Aw yeah that's straight as hell. A long as it's not like more then an hour from your house that's cool. When I lived in Vegas I found myself dating girls in the north part while I lived in the south part, it was a good 45 minutes to an hour to their houses and I made the effort and it was soooo worth it.

• I have no problem making the effort it's just that I have my learner's licence but not my full licence yet so if i want to go see him my friends have to drive or my mom has to be in he vehicle :/

• haha thanks for your opinion, I really hope it works out!

• No problem I hope everything works out for you and I wish you the best of luck

What Guys Said 3

• I commute 75 minutes each way to work.

• At your age, likely not worth it.

• Why not? please explain.

• You are too young and too inexperienced with relationships to understand the pitfalls of a long distance (or any) relationship at this point. You need to focus your attention on someone more available.

• "For better or worse" means you can live apart for some time. Just plan to get together again. :)

What Girls Said 2

• I wouldn't call 30 minutes long distance, but if you think it's far why don't you just take turns on seeing each other on the weekends? If you don't have a car you can just take the train or something :)

• wtf is 30 minutes and long distance?
    did you even check the meaning of long distance?
    i suggest you check.
    this is coming from a person who had ldr for about a year between us to europe.

• Please be polite. This is coming from a young girl who has never lived in the city and I could walk over to anyone's house at any time because we were all literal neighbors. I have never been this far away from anyone and It's hard. I understand that there is always another few people who are farther away but this is a legitimate problem for me. I cannot drive to see him and it's my very first relationship like this. Now if all you are going to do is criticize, then I will have to ask you to not return to this question.

• Plus you can also ride bikes.
      there are many ways with no cost of 2000$ of flight tickets.

• I'm sorry but I don't actually think you understand that there are no buses that go from small no-name towns to a larger city and I cannot ride a bike in the highway here. So biking and buses are not an option