Where would you sit on a date? Across the table face to face from your date? Or side by side next to your date?

Where would you like to sit? Next to your date or in front of your date?
Answer poll GAGers

• In front of each other
  • Next to each other
I meant during dinner. Damn I forgot to specify.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 10

• if we're eating, then across the table if its a choice. if we're both watching/enjoying a view, next to each other, with her head resting on my shoulder, and mine resting slightly on her head.

• depends on what we are doing diner face to face picnic side by side rafting me on bottom her siting on top see it really depends on the activity.

• I like both. Either way is fine. I think I like beside better, because of course the two of us are trying to figure out things about each other but why can't we be comfortable? Why do we have to look at each other like a formal interview? Idk. I guess I'm a weirdo.

• My bf likes looking at me while eating and making me blush. I rather sit next to him and feel him close to me.

• Right. There are advantages and disadvantages to both. I just like being comfortable over just the "Let's stare at each other and interview each other like we are applying for a job." But like I said either way is fine by me.

• Same-side sitting at a restaurant is psychopath shit.

• During dinner, face to face. Looking each other straight into the eyes... and if gradually that smile occurs... chemistry is next :-)

• Across. Face to face

• opposite makes for much better eye contact and maybe the odd glimpse upskirt

• I prefer face to face.

• I try to get physical with girls on dates, so I don't really go in a restaurant to eat. I tried that once, it sucked balls. But, if I were to go again, I'd sit next to her. I can touch her hand or poke her or play footsies with her. All much easier.

• On a first date, probably across. Sitting next to her is more intimate, and requires a little more familiarity.

Unless circumstances dictate otherwise, of course.

What Girls Said 7

• Now I read the update. It depends.
    When we go out for a coffee, I prefer sitting next to him.
    When we go out to grab some food I prefer sitting in front of him.

• across. i actually... do not understand why people choose to sit side-to-side... i sit side-to-side with my little cousin who needs help cutting up her food lol. not a grown up person.

• Across the table. I go ham on my food and I don't want to bump elbows I don't need to be up his ass 24/7.

• In front of each other is better -you can look into each other's eyes

• Face to face. I would like to see his face comfortably while talking.

• Facing each other.

• next to him... at least you can touch him