Boyfriend Asking Another Girl To Hang Out?

So I've been with my boyfriend for 4 years. But I found out he asked another girl to hang out. He said "when are we hanging out?" to another girl over facebook. Am I just jealous, or is that wrong to do in a relationship? He also had her on snapchat and twitter.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you both have been this cozy two birds of a feather 'For 4 years' and counting, sweetie, I find this a slap in your face, disrespectful to boot And Not only This, you had to Read it On------Facebook, snapchat and twitter.
    This is a definite Red Raised sign for buyer beware here. There is something that doesn't smell right in Denmark and no, it's not right if you both are in this so-called 'Relationship'... And behind your back, no less, maybe more, he and this other little Tweetie bird are making plans to flock together, painting the town red.
    Have a chit chat chirp with him. Face him down with it. I don't like the idea that he could be putting one too many eggs in his basket And-------Yours.
    Good luck. xx

• Yeah he claims it was a joke when he said it. He said it was because I wanted a break but we were still talking during this time. I just don't understand what he's doing

• Okay, so more facts after the fact... you both took this Break (No, not break up) And this is what he was doing? If so, he started getting cozy with her, no joke.

What Guys Said 5

• So you've dated him for four years and you think he's gonna cheat on you because he asked a friend to hangout? Don't be so paranoid and over jealous. You may have trust issues but trust issues can ruin a relationship, it ruined one of mine. Just talk to him about it so it can calm your mind.

• A guy should be allowed to have female friends. You're jelly but that doesn't mean he's in the wrong. If you think there's something going on between them then confront him about it, simple.

• He said there isn't anything going on. I just feel like it's weird for him to ask another girl to hang out

• I agree, it IS wrong. In a relationship, you should stop seeing people from the other sex, and if these people don't understand, they're stupid!

It's called INVESTING IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP. We are humans, things (errors) can happen, even if we don't want them to happen. He shouldn't ask an other girl to hangout...

Anyways, do you see any old couple (40+) that the women hang out with other men, or the other way around? NAH.

• @swolebookworm I concur wholeheartedly!

• Yes. He cannot do that. How would he feel if you were messaging guys over fb? Probably he would sulk like a bitch!

• Should I break up with him? I don't know what to do

• In other words, it's you who would "sulk like a bitch."
      Speak for yourself.

• for a time yeah, then I'd dump her. You come to give advice or criticize other peoples? Its up to the Asker what they make of it. Messaging women over fb when your in a relationship ain't right. You know your girlfriend isn't going to like it.

• Did you ask him about it? Do you trust him?

• That's a question you should ask him, have talk about where you two stand with each other

What Girls Said 7

• I would be beyond pissed! Who is this girl and how does he know her. Has he talked about her before. Did he tell you he asked her?

• She's in our grade, we sit at the same table in study hall

• she said she was busy and i asked him what happened and he said it was a joke

• Dump him, that's a bullshit excuse. How is that a joke? He's just insulting your intelligence at this point.

• Is this a pre-existing friendship? If yes, I wouldn't worry about it. If this is just some random girl that he randomly decided that he was going to hang out with, I may be upset. Did you confront him?

• They haven't been friends. So yeah I guess it would be random. I asked him and he said it was a joke when he asked her to hang out

• Did he also say it was a joke that he is snapchatting her? That would make me super uncomfortable.

• If they were friends before, then it's not so much of a big deal. But if he wants to hang out to get to know her then that is a huge red flag.
    I would be concerned honestly.

• I think its weird that he is asking her to hang out, I would ask him about it.

• It is completely normal that a guy has female friends. dont be too worried about it

• It is completely normal that a guy has other friends that are girls that he hangs out with. My boyfriend hangs out with other girls yeah it makes me jealous a lot but you can't just not let him hang with his friends. You just got to trust him.

• This. On the flip @asker , have you ever done the same?

• No I've never asked another guy to hang out nor have I said yes to hang out with another guy. I wouldn't do that

• Weird if she's random. If he gets defensive it's shady and leave him.