With regards to race, do you have any self imposed dating boundaries/preferences?

Just curious how many people have self imposed racial dating boundaries, I. e; racial preferences.

About me, I'm a mixed man (black/white/Italian) but, for all intents and purposes I basically look Italian or Caucasian with olive skin. There really is only one ethnicity in which I have no romantic interest and am simply not attracted to. I won't say which but, I can say its not black, white, or Italian lol. Other than that, I have no racial issues with anyone, just ignorant people in general regardless of ethnicity.

Also, do you think that not being attracted to a particular ethnicity is confused as or mistaken for racism?

Im looking forward to and hoping for a variety of diverse opinions. Please be considerate of others and their respective opinions.

Thanks in advance and Godbless!

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually don't really have any preferences or "dating boundaries". I simply just like who I like. I do think that a lot of people misinterpret not being attracted to a race as racism actually. As long as they don't try to belittle the race they aren't attracted to, I couldn't care less.

What Girls Said 9

• No. I don't think I have any preference really, and I definitely don't have any boundaries. I think there is potential for attractive guys from every race or ethnicity. It's really a non issue for me.

• I've decided not to date any more white people because I think black love is so gorgeous but my mama thinks im "too open minded to discriminate" every time she sees me with a white person she assumes were dating. I think she just wants to be able to say I told you so.

• Not dating a certain race is racist but it's a bit of racism that most people have.

• That's only 'your opinion' and, not based in fact. Here is some fact for you:
      Racism according to Webster's:
      prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

I don't believe any race is superior, I am simply not attracted...

But you're certainly entitled to your opinion, informed or uninformed.

• That's the dictionary definition. It has a different colloquial definition. But we can def agree to disagree 😂

• Yes I am attracted to Caucasians but again it depends on their personality too, and they are not all good looking.

• Nope, I don't really care about skin colour.

• Let me guess u don't date Asians haha

• Yeah... just never found them attractive. My best friend is Asian and his sister has always wanted to date but, I've had to keep her at bay. On the flip side, all of his other friends all think she's hot. He doesn't understand why I won't date her and well, I just dont want ti give hime the wrong idea. Oh well... I suppose these differences are what keep us all fr being the same?

• No preference.

• i like black girls and white guys and Asian guys

• I tend to avoid American guys. I don't like the way they treat their women.

• yes me too
      i would tip toe around them , as not all are the same

• Which one of your parents is black? But yes I dont got no type. I'm just afraid of what my kids will look like

What Guys Said 4

• I don't date Martians. They're not even low life.

• I'm not interested in dating black girls. I don't want to deal with the drama or their families. I respect all people the same, but am not attracted to all the same.

• Im mixed black and white also. Im attracted to people that look like me. My facial features are mostly caucasian, and my skin is tannish, so i go for white/hispanic. Also im a tryhard in school so im attracted to Asians too. Why do people say its racism? Because it is racism. I wish I could give a black girl the same chance that I do Asians or whites, but I dont and its because of predjudice. Even though its subconcious and people say "I can't help what In attracted to!", its still racist. Humans can't help but be predjudice, its what we evolved to be what we are now. We can help whether we act on those predjudices, but as long as we treat people differently (no matter how insignificant the treatment) racism will exist.

• Racism is a conscious choice to believe that one race is superior to another so, no its not racist. It is however a preference. But please, don't take my word for it. Look up the definition of both racism and preference for yourself.

• I'm Chinese. Specifically, Singaporean Chinese. To put it simply, a chinese person who is not from mainland China, and has an absolutely westernised education, mentality, and culture.

So I would NOT date anyone who isn't all that I described above. I don't like mainland china chinese, especially with their strong accents and strange, competitive views. But other westernised chinese, like american/canadian/british/taiwan/hongkong chinese would be alright, i suppose.

I might also consider south Asian partners who look fair-skinned enough, for example indonesian/thai/malaysian girls.