I think I really like this guy, but am not sure if I should date him or not. He has a Child?

He's got a lot of pros: He loves animals, he's really caring, comes from an old money family, Knows how to hunt, fix cars and computers, he served as a Marine, he's knows what he is looking for in a woman and is extremely commit and even with all the seriousness of everyday life He knows how to have a good time. His eyes even light when he smiles and he is good with kids.

The cons: He has a child, which I wouldn't have a problem if I were ready for a kid, but I am so young, if I date him and things go well it means that I will have a two year old child. I can't imagine that and it scares me so much... She's a really pretty baby girl and looks just like him. She even makes the same funny faces lol

I can tell that he really likes me, but I've been hesitant to accept his offer.
What are your take on this?

Most Helpful Guy

• My advice to is dont do it since he has a kid, cause i wouldn't want to do anything with a girl who had a kid, there are so many fishes in the sea, i understand this guy is "the perfect" man, but things might get a bit complicated later on. Do the right thing and take a step back.

• I think that is what I am going to do... I talked to him yesterday and just realized I don't want to get stuck as a house wife at the age of 19. That is not what I want to do with my life.

• Thanks for your advice :)

• anytime :)

What Guys Said 1

• Ask his wife if it is okay.

• Wow, what is wrong with you?

• Oh okay, he is single, then go ahead.

What Girls Said 2

• If you like him then go for it. Him having a child shouldn't matter in the scheme of things. its all about how you feel for him.

• It's the responsibility of having a child at my age that concerns me. I'm not sure I'm ready for that... Maybe I could take a class if it comes to that.

• Who has custody of the child?

• Is there any babymama drama?

• post-divorce, they are surprisingly civil

• No drama*

• It's usually fine then. Majority of the time, if they're civil and he allows you to meet the kid it works out ok and he is more likely to try and make the relationship work. If there's no babymama drama, there's no reason not to. I used to always say I wouldn't have a guy with kids, but I've been with one for a few years now and his daughter was the same age as your guys daughter when we met. Those are the best ages for kids if he already has some, older is a bit more complicated.