Dating a guy who's had many sexual partners?

Hey, i just wanted an opinion. Basically I got talking to this guy and we have our first date pretty soon. But in a recent conversation i asked him how many sexual partners he's had and he said over 40 even adding that it wasn't a lot and he knows people that have slept with a lot more, bearing in mind he's 24. I'm seriously put off now but I don't know how to say it even though we have a date coming up. Am I being shallow? its not like we want a relationship so im not losing much, but he convinced me that sleeping with 40 women wasn't a lot and is determined to increase this number. And i feel like he has no morals whatsoever. Am I being old fashioned or shallow? Opinions please?

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude dont do it, you can do so much better, guys's a loser you'll just be another number to him cause he said so himself.

What Guys Said 4

• If you're not wanting a relationship, then does it really matter?

• You're not being shallow. I guess it depends on how you feel deep down about it. On one side it's a lot of girls but on the other side he was honest about it. It sounds like you've already made your mind up. Good luck

• My roommate claimed to have over 120 and he just turned 23.

• "Am I being old fashioned or shallow?" Old fashioned certainly, shallow perhaps. If that's something that you can't look past, the so be it. But I don't see why it should necessarily be a problem, sex is fun and some men get when they can - I don't see why people need to read more into it than that.

What Girls Said 4

• Eww no. Personally, I wouldn't even consider a guy who's had that many.

• No, you're not being shallow. I wouldn't even go on a 2nd date with a guy like that. A guys that doesn't have sexual self-control and thinks adding numbers is something proud to be of isn't bf material to me.

I don't sleep around around and have only been with a past bf. Having 40+ partners in your 20's is not the norm for the average man.

• I don't think you're being shallow at all, girl! I think he's certainly exaggerating that number, because that's a LOT. Like it seems to me that he doesn't even give a shit about who he's been with he just wants to break a record or something. He kind of sounds like a douchebag, so I wouldn't even go on a date with him. Also think about the extreme risk of STDs and things that he's probably carrying, yuck!

• For me too many is a turn off bcoz I might be one of his collection soon hahaha