Guy I like has long fingernails?

Okay so there is this guy I really like that I have been seeing.. He is literally perfect in every way and things were going great, but today I discovered something... And it's that he has really long fingernails. They aren't dirty or anything but they are long as in they go past the finger... I really don't want to stop seeing this guy but I can NOT date a guy with long fingernails its like my pet peeve...

What do I do? Do I just stop dating him? Or is there a way to tell him nicely he needs to seriously cut his nails? Help!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• This sounds like a Seinfeld episode. Just tell him you don't like really long nails on a guy and surely he will trim them.

• Haha this made me laugh XD so true

• Yes I did actually and all is good! We were messaging and I kind of made a joke out of it and was like "ewww omg cut ur nails they r longer then mine! Guys with long nails r my pet peeve!" And at first he joked back and said "no I like my nails long" and I got really scared that he really meant he did, but then when we hung out they were perfectly short! So he got the message and all is well in the world. ;)

• A job well done :)

What Guys Said 5

• My girl likes my nails a little longer maybe 'cause I leave her with some claw marks to remind her of great sex (smiles). No probably because it feels better when I scratch her back for her.

So if it's not an issue of hygiene and it's just that you don't like the appearance then just ask him if he'd trim the nails.

• i have long fingernails too.

the guy might be a guitar player you know

• If it's your pet peeve, then don't date him. It's alright, plenty of shorter-nailed guys out there.

• Does he play guitar or something?

Anyway... ewww.

• Tell him politely that his nails may hurt you.

What Girls Said 1

• Tell him to cut them the fuck off. A guy with long nails is disgusting..