Techniques to get a boyfriend quick?

I've never had a boyfriend and I don't want this year to end before I get one so what should I do to get a boyfriend quick cause I refuse to enter the new year still single

Most Helpful Girl

• If you stop placing importance on it and focus on being happy by yourself first, the boys will come. I am willing to bet guys don't stay because you immediately make them the center of your universe; you need to have a boy complement your life, not BE your life.

If you are happy and confident, it is like a man-magnet. I promise you.

• I was happy and confident it didn't work and now I'm running out of time

• Awww sweetie, please PLEASE believe me, there is NOTHING wrong with being a late bloomer. Look I will bare my soul in a public place for you.

I did not have a first kiss til I was 17. I lost my virginity against my will when I was 21. I didn't "bloom" until I was 22 when I finally became comfortable in my own skin.

I have since then dated guys in bands (at least one of them with three records under his belt), doctors, lawyers, firefighters and guys who work for the cable company. I have toured the UN with boyfriend stops in Barcelona, Puerto Rico, Holland, Germany, Italy, Greece, Palestine and most recently India. I have been married for 12 years in the middle of this and have a beautiful little girl from that.

I have dated guys THIS YEAR ages 29, 31 and my own age.

Baby girl I am saying all this to tell you... sometimes girls who bloom late, bloom the brightest.

PLEASE don't be in a rush. It WILL HAPPEN!

• Thank you, you've put me at ease I just get worried sometimes when I realize how old I'm getting and how nothing has happened for me but I really appreciate you being so open and caring I really did need this :)

What Guys Said 26

• The best way is to approach guys. If you see a guy you like, go talk with him. The more guys you approach, the easier it will be to find someone you want to go on a date with. I know girls like to be approach, more than approaching themselves, but in your situation, you have to take the initiative.
    It's very likely that you won't have a boyfriend before the year ends, but it is very likely that you can be seeing someone, not being in a serious relationship, but be dating.

As I said, approach as many guys as possible, no matter where.

• It's hard though because I feel like they don't want me to approach them

• To be honest, most guys want to be approached, because it basically never happens. Just go and say "hi". I can't see your face on your picture, but you don't look unattractive at all, so I bet many guys when they see you they would like to talk to you, you're just the one taking the first step by saying hello.

• Thanks I'm just really shy

• Nothing like waiting until the very last minute.

It's boyfriend season. Most of us are wary of women who're more interested in the possession, than in us - until after BF season is over.

I know I will be putting women off until after the season is over.

• Find a guy your attracted to. Pull out a knife and ask guy to be your boyfriend. don't let him escape without getting his number and having him admit that he likes you allot. There you have it now you have a boyfriend.

• Just take it easy. I know how it feels to be single well into your teens. I know you have this societal expectation of having a boyfriend because that's what seems normal and you feel like your missing out on experiences. The truth is you'll mess up your chances of having a boy friend if you want it to bad and can come off desperate. You should just do hobbies you truly love, work on whatever practical goals you want for life and just be open to people and new experiences. Be willing to meet people and have no other intentions other than meeting someone and you will find someone much better than you would of if you went out with the sole purpose of having a boyfriend.

• Everything in my life is in order, I have a 3.5 gpa, I have pets, I have friends, I do cheerleading work out, and rugby, I play guitar and piano/write and I volunteer so everything is full in my life I just need a guy now

• Jesus lady, you should do something spontaneous and just let the moment take you.

• True maybe I'll try doing something spontanueous

• Get some books from Amazon or your library on dating and relationships, flirting. Just go ask out a potential bf for a date. If it looks promising ask him if he is interested in bf/gf status. you pix won't enlarge for me, but from what I see you look nice! Just don't be in a rush and get some bozo that will hurt you. Tons of creeps out there miss.

Sometimes people are more receptive after the holidays and new year is starting. So don't set artificial time limits. Starting today, ask guys out and get to work. Don't provide sex right away either, maybe a little titillation. But see if they are interested in you first. Good luck!

• Thanks I just mess up every chance I get but I meed to have one before I turn 20 pr else I don't want to live

• @Asker I've never had a girlfriend and I'm nearly 21, and I still want to live... you'll probably get one eventually.

• I don't think I will

• walk up to the guy and say "can I suck it?"
    or
    if you see someone you like, write your contact information on a piece of paper. walk up to him, hand it to him, and say "I really hope I hear from you". Then walk away. you should get a call quick if he doesn't come after you. although he might be a bit stunned so he may not react quick enough... women have thanked me for that one and it has worked every time they tried it.

• sure.

kidnap him, and threat him with a gun to be your bf.

• I'll give it a shot - be your boyfriend. Why not? Let's just just right into a relationship. :)

That would probably be pretty fun, actually.

• Step 1: Ask me out
    Step 2: Enjoy your relationship

• Haha, I think I've given this link to over a dozen girls in the last day or two ;)

Check this out: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1196998-how-do-you-get-a-guys-attention

Hope that helps ;)

• Thanks, although I'm not looking for the right guy I could care less about finding him I just want one to date

• What is the point of dating if you are not even interested in the person? Free meals?

• The ability to say I've been in a relationship like everyone else in my peer group, I am tortured by being behind everyone else

• I also made a promise this early Jan. that I HAVE to get a girlfriend before the end of this year.
    But now it's still left 1 month to close the deal, I STILL HAVEN'T GOT A GF.
    So, why put so much pressure on yourself?
    You should focus on having good time with your mates, when the right time and person comes, he's able to sweep your feet off anyway.

• Because I hate being the loser that I never wanted to be I'm 19 and never had a boyfriend and it bothers me it's to the point that I don't want to live like this honestly I just want to kill myself because I hate being this person

• I'm into this kind of insecure behavior
      Sorry saying, but the reality comes from how you feel exactly about yourself.

• What do you mean

• lol What? :D "I don't want this year to end before I get one", life if we are some kind of a product...

• been single for too long, hate standing by myself alone in times square for new years eve (live in NYC, always a tradition for me to stand in the middle of times sq)

• That's so cool you live in NYC I visited once and fell inlove with it and I understand that completely I hate being the one alone at midnight while everyone around me as someone else

• I'm sorry to hear that

• shit happens... just step it in.. shake it off as Taylor sings... and go on

• Throw yourself at them, saying you take it in the can on the first date.

• You can get a boyfriend really fast by being approachable. Smiles, not looking angry all the time.

• Live in Colorado?

• I know right?
    I've never really had a girlfriend either.

• You don't need a bf just live your life it will come on its own

• Your a girl your job is already done.

• be good looking
    the rest will follow

• That's my downfall

• i am sorryto hear that but i fell for average looking girls with a great personalities though at first i was like hell no and then day by day they started charming me with their personalities so i started percieving them as beautiful so your personality is your saviour i hope i helped good luck and have a good day

• Thank you!

• Ask flirt with one of ur guy friends. They already have some of the same interest as you easy to talk to and u know enough of them.

2. Um your a girl so it shouldn't be
    to hard to get guy attention just flirt with. A guy u like. And give out a bunch of hint that u really. Like him if u don't wanna tell him.

3. Um go for the opposite guy you normally go for. Like if ur into geeky guys go for the sport player type of guy. If ur into career driven guy go for the go with the flow guys.

4. ask a guy to hang out with u and ur friends and then slow exclude the friends part then u and him. Until u get to know him.

you know what u want now go get it

oh yeah last piece of advice guys like girls who aren't bitchy stuck up. They like the cool calm girl who easy to talk to and nnot always on there case. Think of a girl u don't like be that girl u hate she doing. Something right if guys like her and girl hate her.
    all over the place with my advice lates

• Thank you this is really helpful there just isn't really any guy I want to go for

• I hate how. People on here are telling you don't need a bf. Yes you do. Just like guys need a gf. Once you got your life together which I'm tour your in a good place you want someone to be with ya know. No body wants to be alone. People love people not just in bf and gf but just in general.

now to the advice go to some ice skating place and talk to a guy there who into hockey you could see a lot a sporty guys there. And have fun win win. Basically. Look in the place where the guy u want is at. Don't settle either.

• Thank I appreciate your help this is actually something I'm going to try :)

• Just talk to them all and when you find one that you can stand ask him to hang out

• I can't talk to guys I'm too shy to go up to them

• I guess but I feel like they'll think I'm gross if I go up to them

• Females are a lot of things but one thing they are not is gross, believe it are not but you are amazing in mans eyes all females are unless the man is gay then he only envys the woman. you should know these things about yourself:)

• Step 1: move to Germany
    Step 2: meet me
    Step 3: Profit!

• Well if you're ever Australia we can get a coffee...

I guess just try to increase the amount of time you spend around people especially in social situations. Catch up with friends, see if they know any available guys, try to get to parties other events where you might meet people. You could try approaching guys you see in parks or libraries or wherever, but you might not want to do that. Have you tried online dating?

• *ever in

• That's really sweet of you :) and yeah I've honestly tried everything! I'm a leper no one wants me :(

• I feel inadequate and unequal like the left over products at the store that no one wanted

• Walk into a room naked. you'll get tons of boyfriends that way!

• walk around naked jks

What Girls Said 5

• Having a boyfriend to have one is not worth it. To have a quality relationship it takes time and not rushing it to meet some deadline you have.

• Well I won't want one if I don't get one by then

• But Im the reason I'm single how can I like that

• You answered your own question. In order to have a boyfriend you need a relationship. And a relationship is two whole people coming together. Not a part of a person or one and a half people but two whole people. And by whole I mean someone who knows who they are, what they want, and is happy with where they are. Plus if you don't like yourself why should anyone else want to be around you?

• IDK!
    I don't know how to tell you how to "get" a BF like it's a pet or something.
    Dating is an art. It takes a little work to find out what will work for you.
    I joined a YMCA and took Karate classes, mainly because I saw a lot of hot guys there.
    It was a great idea.
    XD

• "Techniques to get a boyfriend quick"

1) go to the store
    2) buy a teddy bear
    3) name him boyfriend

• hahahha I'm glad I dont worry about getting into a relationship!

• That's a weird question to ask, it's not like you're picking out apples at the supermarket.