My girlfriend was the one who started our relationship, now a year after the relationship began it's over. 3 months on, how do I get back into dating?

I'm just really confused, on what I should do. I'm in a different place now, and I want to get back into dating but I'm not sure how. I mean, she asked me out and we took it from there. Now, should I just try for the same situation? Essentially, just wait? Or should I go for the more common "boy asks out girls?" I'm going out being social and whatnot hanging, chatting with friends and feel like having a girlfriend again. Should i be active this time (being the asker)? If so, how would I go about being active? Or should I just be passive like before? For reference, I'm now in uni as a second year in the UK. Any and all help is appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you're ready for a girlfriend again, then go out, and be active.
    If that's what you want, then take it into your own hands and find yourself one.
    Uni is the perfect place to find a girlfriend (or even a rebound if you're not actually wanting something serious). There are so many opportunity to meet people. Class, society, nights out. All sorts. And most people at uni are receptive to meeting new people too, they have less of a defensive up. And then if there's one you want to date, just ask them out for a drink, alone, and see how things go from there.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• If you're not over the rebound, go out and have some flings.

If you are over the rebound, go out and ask some girls out. Waiting to be approached might mean a long wait.

• think of it as hanging out. invite groups or individuals out for drink, coffee, event, or whatever! itll come naturally, some sweat it bruh!