Dating someone WAY older?

I'm 16 and i'm dating a guy who is 25, he is my friend and i feel like he completes me. To me he doesn't seem 25 he acts more like an 18 yr old. I can speak to him like he is the same age as me, of course we have joked about the fact that he will be old before me, but we dont acknowledge the age difference between us when we are together.
But im not sure if it is right to be dating him, since he is way older than me. The legal age to have sex here is 15 so i meam im just a bit confused.

by the way please don't report this to anyone/ authority. I will sort this out myself, I just need a little advise and oppinions
Thanks everyone you helped me sooo much i know now on what to do and also to persue my career. I appretiate all of your help and advise

Most Helpful Guy

• Your parents may not approve. So even though the whole "legal 15" thing is going on where you live you still are under your parents who can forbid you from seeing him and they can report him for taking you somewhere and stuff like that (I'm talking from experience in the US and would imagine Sweden being similar here). I don't think this is likely to go that far but I can imagine your parents taking issue to this. Dads are especially protective and will see his age and assume he "wants to take advantage of you."

Now assuming these types of problems don't occur and you're dating with no problems your roadblock will likely occur when you're in college. You'll likely be forced to break up if you go to a far off school or you'll be stuck limiting any choices in careers and whatnot to stay with him.

What Guys Said 5

• When I was 21 I was going out with a 16 year old. She asked me out and I was a little leary of dating her. My friends told me that age was just a number and it didn't matter. I don't think her parents liked me much, but they were nice to me. We dated for almost a year, never had sex, and kept talking for a couple months afterwards. I don't really regret it, but I'm not sure I'd date a teen again. I was really immature at that age, but some things she did would annoy me because she acted too much like a kid. I can't say there's anything wrong with being in a relationship with that kind of an age gap, but it wasn't for me. I would get dirty looks from time to time if they knew how old she was, so he should be ready for that if you do pursue a relationahip

• Leave him and concentrate on a career believe me you will anyway in your early twenties if you haven't before then but who knows what could happen in that time.. goodluck :)

• Honestly, it's a bit inapporpriate. Grown ass men shouldn't be messing around with teenaged girls, he's a total creep.

• Yeah that's messed up!!! And inappropriate! Even if you were 18 it would still be strange

• Move on find someone else. He knows right from wrong.

What Girls Said 3

• Honestly, I'm pretty lenient about age, but I think, regardless of the consent laws in your country, when below 18, it's just a little off...
    Not wrong per se, and not that it can't work, but it's just battling against the tide. I've dated people with a bigger age difference between us than you two in my past, but I was over 18. I don't know. It seems like a silly line to draw; but it really does, in most cases, seem to make the difference.

• No, that is so wrong. You two could get into some serious trouble because someone could have the balls to call CPS on you guys. Besides that, it would be so easy for him to play you. It's just so much more trouble than it's worth.

• I would say you shouldn't be dating him you are so young when I was 17 I liked a 25 year old guy but I knew it wasn't ok and that he saw me as a kid. evenk if you thinks he seems 18 he is not n knows much more about relationships than you. i think you should break up before your relationship gets stringrer.

• I said to him I don't think this is sensible and that the age gap is a bit extreme for me, and I said to him that I don't mind being friends and at least know him, but to date I just wasn't sure. He said it's because I like a guy at my school, and that he won't let the other guy take me away from him, he will try everything within his heart and power to not let me go. I told him that there is no other guy, I just thought that the idea of dating was a bit extreme with the age gap and all. I mean I haven't even had sex yet, and he knows that. So I don't know I'm soooo confused does he actually like me? Does he just want another cherry to break?

• so you're saying I should talk to him? and see if he just wants sex with me? and of course if he does Im gonna leave his jerk ass but if he doesn't then im obviously gonna have to talk to him and try and end this. right?

• I think you shouldn't date him even if seems decent. its better for you to stay safe some guys are good liers.