She's not the age I thought she was and I don't know what to do?

So there is a girl who I met online. It wasn't a dating site, but it told me people nearby. She lives two towns away, not more than 15 minutes away. We ended up meeting each other online and then talking. We've been talking for about two weeks now, and I honestly find myself falling for her. She's so cute And precious and I can't get over her. She had told me when we met that she was 15, and I was like "I'm 17, that's okay for age difference. There have been worse. But then, things have started to get serious (over text and all. We still haven't met but may this weekend). And she told me that she wanted to tell me something before things went further. It turns out she lied about her age (turns out she is 12) because she didn't want me to not talk to her because of age difference.

Now, I'm not sure what to do at this point
/).(\
I mean I don't care if society says that it's all wrong. My worry is on everything else. What do I do now?

Most Helpful Girl

• Woah. You need to actually ask people if dating a 12 year old is ok?
    I'm seriously scared of the world we're living in now. 12 is literally still a little kid, like just got her new boobs, not even filled out her shape yet, heck she may or may not have started her period.
    Dude. You're messed up, leave the kids alone.

• Well, you see, the difference between me and a typical teenage guy is that my thoughts aren't on fucking her brains out. She's an awesome girl, cute, funny, all that. And I don't care if she's 12 because the only thing that means is that things couldn't (or shouldn't) get physical. But I would be okay with that. I just wouldn't be okay never talking to her again.

• You might not like it, but I think you should just keep it online and totally non sexual for a little while. At least let her get to an age where she has a better grasp on life and can make better decisions, my bet is she'll wait for you to. I mean, do you remember how dumb you were at 12 and the stupid shit you did, and when you look at 12 year olds now when they're hanging out with friends unaware of anything, they're just too young.
      I'm not against big age gaps, my parents have a much bigger one than that, but they got together properly and got married when the younger one was old enough. Just wait, I guarantee, if there is this connection she'll keep talking to you, and you'll meet up eventually.

• Thanks for mho

What Girls Said 8

• don't date her. In 1 year when you turn 18, you will be dating a 13 year old and that is considered statutory rape.

• If they have sex it would be considered statutory rape, they don't have to have sex in order date though.

• How could you possibly prove that you never had sex? It's rape to date somebody 6 years younger than you. Not just to have sex.

• No you have to have sex for it to be statutory rape, its only socially wrong of he dates a 13 year old.

• She's basically a toddler...

• 17 and 12 is wrong. Don't pursue.

• Nope nope nope dude get out of there nope run away and do t look back

• You should do what you feel is right. Honestly that is a big age difference but make sure your careful. She is 12. Just make sure you know what you. could be getting yourself into. What she. could say this weekend may make or break this relationship. Just take things day by day and follow what u feel is right.

• No just walk away! Please wait until she's 18 and then it won't matter but when i was 12 all I wanted was a cool boy to talk to that's it.. I doubt she'll want more than Even a kiss and you're 17 so you might want way more than she could ever want. Think it about this way, she might not even have her period yet- she's young. 15 would be sensible but when she's 15 it will be illegal. And how will her parents even let her go out

• the is a 12 year old girl... has she even his puberty? look, im not trying to sound judgmental but in all seriousness, if you really like her, keep talking with her and dont get sexual for about a year. look up the romeo and Juliet law before you turn 18!

• hit not his

• The Florida Romeo & Juliet Law passed in 2007 is designed to protect individuals from the sex offender list. The victim in the case must be between 14 and 17, a willing participant in the sexual activity and no more than four years younger than the offender. The offense must be the only sex crime on the offender's record. This law does not make it legal to have sexual relations with minors, but merely stops the accused from being held out as a sex offender in

• Humm. If she lied about here age. Don't you think she could of lie to you in other things too? But if you like her still, wait for her.. I see a lot of young people getting pregnant in a young age. Its sad.

What Guys Said 2

• Well if you really like her and she really likes you maybe shed be willing to wait until she's older. I mean if you dont mind dating a 12 year old and you know the complications then go ahead, dont take what people have been saying so seriously because they are giving biased answers because
    its socially wrong. I just wouldn't tell people if you do. But back to my idea: just stay close friends and maybe in a year or 2 date? That's a possibility.

• If you even have to consider what to do then Im sorry you're a pedophile xD