Hey girls, do you find 'cat people' (specifically men) automatically effeminate?

Is it a turn off that I like cats and hate dogs? I mean, does it make a guy seem less 'manly' to any of you? I'd really like a woman's prospective on this. Thanks.

• I like cats best.
  • I like dogs best.
  • I like both.
  • I dislike having any pets.
For all you kitty-gals; If you don't know who Simon's Cat is, you NEED to. ( www.simonscat.com ) His videos are unbelievably funny. If you have a cat, you will recognize their behavior. Especially his first video, the one that made him an animated cat world renowned, 'Cat-man-do'. If you don't love that kitty, you can no longer call yourself a cat-lover. Love him!

Most Helpful Girl

• I freaking love cats so much. Dogs are okay, but there has to be a lot of rules and boundaries if I'm gonna like a dog, and even then I only love certain breeds. The cat just has to be a shorthair of some kind and I automatically wanna touch it.
    Repeatedly.
    Forever.

Anyway, to answer your question; I actually get excited when I meet a cat guy. So many people (especially dudes) hate cats and I can't be in a relationship with someone who doesn't like cats. So when I meet someone who likes kitties it's like "Boom" instant connection.

What Girls Said 12

• My boyfriend loves cats. He's like obsessed with grumpy cat hahaha but I think it's cute. It fits his personality - cats are known to be antisocial unless they really like you and he's the same way lol it doesn't bother me at all :)

• When you choose a pet, you choose it for having it as a company, not to impress others. I don't think that it makes you appear less manly because you like cats more than dogs.

• Of course I don't pick a pet cause I care what girls think of me, I'm just curious to see what different opinion, different women have. I choose my next cat, by going to that local shelter here, (or where ever I'm living), and I ask them which cat is the oldest, and/or ugliest, and/or has been here the longest. And obviously, I take care of any stray that needs it. That's how I got Snarf, the the cat who is currently trying to lay across my keyboard - Someone moved out of the apartment next to me, had him de-clawed, and left him here, outside. Sick Fucks! But he is very happy now, (and I think he likes his new name better than his old one - 'Muffy').

• I know pets are about companionship, but cats seem to be picky, finicky creatures. Someone who caters to this kind of behavior seems effeminate to me.

• E) wolves.

after wolves Cats and Dogs equally. and I do not trust a man who hates or dislikes cats.

• I love cats quite passionately and I hope my future bf prefers cats lol
    a lot of guys hate them for some reason

• Cats are better for SO many reasons. Too many to list. But the basic reason that gets me, is - When you come home to be greeted by a dog, its all about 'Bark! Bark! Throw the ball! throw the ball! Throw to ball! Throw the damn ball!' Then you throw it, he brings it back, and it starts all over. As opposed to coming home to a cat, its - 'What are you looking at? Dick. Now serve me steak.' I love that. Cats are all New Jersey. They don't bother you. They don't make noise whenever they hear a siren. But cats come to comfort you when you are sick or sad. They're just better. (And when they have to go to the bathroom - you don't have to take them outside in the heat, the cold, the rain, etc.)

• yes! I love dogs, but cats are just perfect to me. And it's like cats speak a language only people with cats understand. when my friends come over they ask "what does it mean when it does that? why does it do this?" etc etc. I just find that endearing lol.

One of my cats actually greets me when I come home, by running to me and plopping on the ground by my feet. It's adorable

• Awww! What a loving fur-ball. Making a cuddle-puddle with you.

• I like cats slightly better than dogs but, it doesn't bother me if someone likes a different animal.
    It won't change who that person is.

• guys who like cats are my favorite!!! shows they are friendly and have a soft side but i do like both dog and cat! but guys that like dogs better than cats and dont like both I don't like them they are scary :\

• I really don't think your pet makes any difference. Have whatever pet you like!

• NO it's not. I like guys who like cats. :)

• No, it's sweet that you like cats

• I like dogs best, but I have nothing against cat owners, nor do I view them as effeminate.

• It's a turn off for me because I just straight up hate cats.

Has nothing to do with being feminine or not. I just think cats are evil is all.

What Guys Said 2

• I like cats best.

The problem with (most) dogs is that they depend on you for maintenance and attention, and will blindly follow commands. Cats are more autonomous, make their own decisions. And also don't depend on you so much.

• 0|0