If im 17, should I go out with a girl thats 14?

I've been talking to a really nice girl for about a month now and i really feel an attraction with her. i want to ask her out on a date to take things a little more serious but im hesitant because she's only a freshman while im a senior. should i do it? i feel like people will look at me as a "pedo"-ish and i dont want to have a bad image.

Help please! thanks!

Most Helpful Guy

• 14 and 17 is no real big difference honestly so I don't believe it is pedo-ish. Im 17 aswell and I believe I found out one day that my youngest age is 14 by Canadian law anyways. So I believe it is fine, but others may disagree.

What Girls Said 3

• No she's too young for you bro! Haha because what happens when you turn 18 she's still underage and you don't want drama!

• you to are just three years apart, look up the romeo and Juliet law

• Not a huge deal at all. Just make sure you aren't using her innocence for sex. A lot of older guys do that.

My friend dated a 17 year old when she was 14, and he told her "don't worry.. it's better without a condom". He convinced her that he shouldn't wear one and she got pregnant.

If you genuinely like her as a person, I say go for it :)

What Guys Said 2

• She's way too young for you. There's a lot of maturing to be done during those teenage years.

• Is she like 14.9 and you just turned 17? Anything less than that and I think the age different is a bit much.

• i did just turn 17 about a month ago and she looks and acts older for her age