Too many flaws to be dateable?

Question for the ladies on here-should I give up on the idea of dating? I'm 30 years old and never had a "real" girlfriend. The closest I've come is a long-distance relationship with a girl I met online, a sort-of "friends-with-benefits" relationship with a female friend, and basically a few one-night stands.

Physically- I'm currently 6'3" and 175 lbs with thinning hair on top, crooked teeth and a "soft," thin build. Until the last few years I had always thought of myself as being descent looking (back when I had thick, curly hair). Now all I see are my flaws.

As far as my lifestyle-I'm a former Marine who served 2 tours in Iraq and currently work in manufacturing making about $30,000 a year while trying to go back to school so I can get into my dream career. In the past I studied history, theatre and creative writing. I rent a small one-bedroom apartment and own both my vehicles (car and truck).

In the past I never worried too much about not being in a relationship figuring it would happen when the time was right. Then it was like I looked around one day and realized everyone else was married with kids and I'm still alone. I feel like I'm 10 years behind on my life.

I'd love to try dating again but the girls at school are all about 10 years younger and I don't want to come across as the "creepy old man." I don't really know where or how to meet women my own age around here and all my friends and family live about 18 hours away. On top of that a few years ago I was diagnosed with depression. I haven't needed or had any treatment for it in years, but once in a while it tries to sneak back in.

So am I too old/flawed to be considered attractive to a girl? Should I just give up on the idea of dating altogether? Or is there still hope for me? It doesn't help that I get so nervous asking a girl out that I'd rather go into a firefight. Any thoughts would be appreciated ladies. And I apologize for the length-I get long-winded some times.

Most Helpful Girl

• Be confident! There is somebody out there for everybody!

What Girls Said 1

• You're never too old!! The girl who is meant for you will fall in love with your soul.

What Guys Said 1

• I have plenty of flaws myself, and I'm all too aware of them. But anyway, this is a perfect opportunity to use a quote from Friends:

Phoebe: "Oh, oh! But you know, you always see these really beautiful women with these really nothing guys. You could be one of those guys."

:D

And she speaks the truth, too. I see not that great looking guys with really beautiful women by their side all the time.