A boy asked me out... What do I do?

There's this guy called Daniel who I've been best friends with since I was 7. He asked me out yesterday because I came out, just to him, as gay a few days before. I'm not ready to come out to everyone as I'm still not sure about whether I'm gay or bisexual or anything, and there's so many homophobes at my school. But if I turn him down, there's no chance that we'll be friends any more, and I really don't want to lose him as a friend. What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• HONESTY
    Tell him how you feel about coming out and all that. If he's remotely understanding he'll be more than ok with keeping it low key.

What Girls Said 1

• You can't date someone just because you want to keep him as a friend. Do you actually like him or not?

• I really don't know. I think it would be nice, but I don't know whether that's just because he's my best friend or not...

• If you really want to date him you could accept, and ask him to give you some time before coming out to everyone. If he's already out he'll probably understand your concerns. If you're not sure, you can invite him to your place as a movie date. Just make sure that you don't sound like you'd be ashamed of going on dates in public with him.

What Guys Said 1

• Just gotta be honest dude. Otherwise everything goes to shit.