Why won't tall men date me?

I'm a 6'2 tall young woman and large-framed. I weigh 184lbs and pear shaped. I see guys especially tall guys for for average size and petite women. That's a waist of height. I get so jealous when I see 6'4 guy with a 5'3 woman. Even a 6'1 man with a 5'2 woman. God shorter women have it so lucky. They get the tall good-looking hunks and I grt short and ugly men hitting on me! I asked out this very handsome 6'5 guy but he said no and is now dating a 5'5 woman. I like average guys too but they have to be tall. My two ex boyfriend were shorter than me. One was 5'9 and the other was 6'1. I NEED a tall man and guys tell me I'm too tall and I can protect myself. They like protecting the shorter women. I feel like I have to protect my petite friends. Us tall women want a tall man too. I wish these women that are 5'9 and under would quit taking taking the tall men!

Most Helpful Guy

• That's a difficult situation. Out of interest, I've just had a look online, and this is what I found: www.census.gov/.../12s0209.pdf

Fewer than 6% of men in the USA are your height or taller. Fewer than 2% of men are one inch or more taller than you. So that's difficult, and that's before we've even taken into account other factors that you might be looking for and that the men you want might be looking for.

What Guys Said 21

• im gonna go out on a whim and say your height isn't the issue.

• See, this is what you get for only wanting tall men. You feel EXACTLY like the short guys do, because they want a girlfriend too.
    It's funny how both sides complain about these height related dating ideals like the fault is exlusively tthe other gender's.

• Simple. Deal with it, adapt to it. And as long as you only want to date tall men, stop demanding guys to date tall women when they want to date short men.
      (not necesarily directed at you alone, but also towards the general hypocracy one so often see when it comes to demands from your partner)

• Because you were a bitch in your other question. As a really short guy, I recognize Im going to have to lower some standards or have a hard time finding a girl. You should do the same or prepare to be alone

• Then I guess I'll be alone because I'm NOT dating a short man. I don't want short kids.

• You don't want short kids but hate being tall. That doesn't make sense.

• @Asker You don't need to date short guys, but maybe consider average guys (5'10 give or take), your kids would likely be average to above average height - what's wrong with that. By limiting yourself to men who are taller than you, you are greatly restricting your pool of potential partners.

• Because you're a complete bitch. All you ever do is rant about short girls dating tall guys. Boo hoo.

• Maybe if you were a bit less of a massive bitch? I don't know though, that still might not work out for you.

• Girls like tall guys, guys like small girls. That's just how it works so deal with it.

• That's because you haven't found this tall man.

Joking aside, there are guys that like a girl who can protect herself. We do worry about them when we are not around. at least I do.

• Uh, why do you care if a dude is tall?

• I've seen a dating site reserved for tall people only, something like "tall people dating", don't exactly remember. Google it and check it out!

I think your obsession with your height, is more of a problem than your height. You seem to see yourself as a tall person, and identify with that one trait more than anything else. I understand that you're bitter, but it's making it worse. I know tall girls who love their heights, and guys like them. A lot. People pick up on how others see themselves. Tall girls who hate their height tend to show it and look awkward. Tall girls who love their height move in this beautiful queen-like way and they're more beautiful than all the other girls. Once you embrace your height, things will get easier for you. I'm a few inches taller than you and I'd have no problem dating a girl your height. In fact, your height would be a plus.

• Wear 5ft high heels.

• Hahahaha it sucks to be you.

• What's that supposed to mean?

• Your height is not your problem, it's your bitterness, self entitlement, insecurity and desperation that is putting men off.

What Girls Said 15

• I think you're obsessing too much about height. I'd also guess your height isn't really what's deterring men from you.

I am 4'11 and both my ex boyfriends were tall 6'1 and 6'0. I don't have a preference, but I attract tall men. I've had as tall as 6'5 or 6'6 guy ask me out. I didn't go out with him, but he had a huge crush on me. Us petite chicks aren't "taking tall men" at least not from you tall ladies. That's just what they like so chill lol
    Also, trust me, it's not a "waste of height" ;)

• I'm 6ft. My boyfriend is 6ft2. I've been hit on by guys who are ranging from 5ft5 to 6ft6. When I was single I flirted back with all of them regardless of height.
    I do attract tall guys, maybe because I don't emphasis to much on height. Lets just say it might make you less approachable...
    My Grandma was 5 inches taller than my Grandpa (she gave my family the tall genes) but they had a great marriage which lasted 42 years!
    Fair enough you have your preferences but would you turn down a guy with the greatest personality you've ever meet because he's shorter?

• I would feel the same way as you. I'm sure you will find your tall prince!

• Thanks. How tall are you?

• Then what are you talking about? Men love women your size! At least you get many guys and I'm this big doofus. :(

• That's why I said I would feel the same way. You aren't a big doofus... I guess I can relate to the fact I don't have big boobs and so guys that like big boobs won't date me. We all have our differences and preferences and there is someone out there who will love you just as you are and that fit your preference of being tall :-)

• I know how you feel but you shouldn't be ranting about this all the time. Your questions mostly have been about the same thing and you're just being so shallow. No wonder you're still single. Just lower your standards and you'll find someone.

• Well you are just too tall. But it's not like you can help. Don't wear high heels either when u meet theses men.

• I don't think it's your height that's the issue. I'm sure many tall guys think you're attractive. Until you open your mouth and start bashing short girls and the tall guys who date short girls. Since it's rather uncommon for women to be your height, I'm going to assume most of the tall guy you talk to have been with a shorter girl and one point or another and you just went and bashed them. I wouldn't want to be with someone like that, would you?