Ever dated somoneone you were NOT attracted to?

Have you ever dated someone you were attracted to at least initially ? If so what made you fall for em or date them...how'd they win you over ?

Most Helpful Girl

• not sure about date... but I did go out with a guy for about two days. I told him yes cause he kept hounding me. hugging me and not letting go. he kept putting his head on my chest til I pushed him off. it annoyed the hell out of me. I said yes to get him to back off (not really something I should have done..) but then I broke up with him cause I then found him waiting for me outside every one of my classes. I felt so embarrassed. wheni get pressured to hard (like when he hugged and pulled me around) I did anything I could to get him to stop. then he just increased it by trying to do other things (won't mention). so I just did what any sensible girl with a huge big brother did. told my brother about him and the next day the kid ignored me.

• It's great to have a brother like that...sounds like he pounded the little booger into molecules.

• Yeah, I wish. now my bro's out of high school,, he is back and won't leave me alone. -sighs- I'll deal though.

What Girls Said 10

• Accidentally, yes. He was a friend and so I didn't realised that he was asking me out on a date.

We had a couple of dates, all went well but it was just too weird for me. Plus I really wasn't attracted to him so it didn't help him much that we could talk for hours. But ultimately he got too clingy and so that's what kind of puts me off him.

• I did once. We had a lot on common, but I just wasn't physically attracted to him. But I gave him a shot anyways. Ended up not working out in the end. But we're still friends :)

• I've been on a date once with a guy whom I didn't like. I did it for my friend actually, didn't want to upset anyone so I just gave it a go.

It started with my best friend giving my mobile number to her classmate who apparently liked me. He texted me out of the blue, I didn't know him. I told my best friend about it and she acted very weird - was obvious she knew the guy and it made me feel silly. She said he is a nice bloke and convinced me to meet him. Later on he made a call and we arranged a date. It went very good actually, he was a great guy but someone I'd be friends with, nothing more! We talked/chatted after the date when I got home and later on as well, we met up in the club too and had a dance (my friend pushed me to him!), but I never kissed him or anything. One day he texted telling he wants to be with me, I felt bad and tried to avoid anything that could lead him on.

• I did...and what got me was...He tried and tried to the point I thought he would never back off...not in a stalker way...but just kept trying...Now that's not what got me..What actually got me was...All the sudden he backed off..I thought huh he's not trying anymore..I wonder why?

Well that gave me a challenge...I showed a little interest..just to get him going...then I backed off...so he tried really hard again...then he backed off...well it was a stupid game I played with him...but during the game...it was fun and I did start to like him...We ended up in a serious relationship for 8 years...Although I did break up with him after 8 years because I fell out of love with him...but were still friends.

• Hah, I thought that was pretty interesting--this whole notion of being a "challenge." Lol, I guess it is something I should work on...

• Well, yeah. He wasn't all that bad looking, but he wasn't exactly the "typical" heart throb (in my opinion, based on my preferences. I don't want to be mean!). I wasn't into him at first, but we had an uncanny amount of things in common (quirky habits, taste in music, hobbies, interests in general...a lot, it goes on). He was sort of a shy guy, but no worries, I'm a shy girl. He won me over because he was funny, sweet, real, and unique. I really liked how sensitive he was, and considerate (as in he communicated well), not to mention that we had so much in common. Those attributes just made him that much more appealing to me. He became a stud in my eyes ^__^ Beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. Sometimes, what's inside matters more

• yes I have. he was very persistant so one day I agreed to hook up with him and he turned out to be the most wonderful man I have ever met and now I am in love with him and I am very attracted to him everything about him when I first met him my friend told me he was interested and I was like eew hell no. he was just himself and never anything else. were still together almost 2 years later. it took him 2 years to get me!

• at first I wasn't attracted to this guy at all. But he was a great conversation maker, and the fact that he was so interesting just sparked my curiosity. For some reason.. I'm usually the person that likes to take care of other people. Maybe it was just the wrong type of guys that I was meeting. But it seemed like the more I gave, the less I recieved. That's why my relationships never work out. But this guy makes me feel safe, I feel like I'm in the right hands. He takes care of me. Personality really does the trick. And when I learned to look past his looks, I truly found happiness.

• Definitely not, But it's not like I'm shallow either. When I start to fall for a guy, I start to realize they are better looking than you first though. Plus sexy is all about behavior to me.

• no.

• Yes but my case was, he was in love with me and he was my rebound without me knowing about it ( been cheated on on the previous relationship) so I was insecure and there he was treating me all good like a queen so I fell fot it.. but things got messed up after all.. because he thought that I loved him when I didnt.. we broke up a year after but he is now what I call MY STALKER!

So I would never ever eveeeeer date a guy that I don't really like! what so ever!

What Guys Said 3

• Yes I have, but I'm a firm believer in dating someone who you are at least somewhat attracted to in some capacity. Some times you just don't notice the physical attributes, but other things. Such as intelligence.

• Yup, and I regretted it. She was persistent and kept asking me and I broke. Anyways, initial attraction is very important, lesson learned.

• She wasn't into me at first, and now we are a good couple.