The guy I've been dating broke it off?

I've been dating this guy for 2 months and it's been hard. He's been really sad and depressed bc he has no money car or job. He told me that he isn't ready to date because his life is all messed up. He wants to be friends and not for anything to change. Like me being distant or whatever. I understand but I don't know if I should be patient and wait for it to work itself out. Or if I should move on with my life. I mean I really like him and he said he wants a relationship with me but I just don't know how to feel.

Most Helpful Guy

• Seems like he isn't feeling "manly" enough to be dating at this point. its a typical guy thing. as for the options you have laid out for yourself, before you pick, ask yourself, is he doing anything to change his situation? if he is, whats the harm in sticking around, if he isn't and is just a complainer, its probably better to move on.

What Guys Said 1

• From his perspective he's protecting himself. Most girls don't want to date a loser with no money, job or car. He's putting you on the shelf again hoping you'll still be there when he's got his shit together again. He likes to live dangerously clearly! lol

What Girls Said 1

• Remind him you'll be there for him if he needs someone to vent to. Remind him that he doesn't need a car or job or money to date you (if you feel that way of course). But ultimately give him space so he has time to recognize your efforts.