If she's ambitious? Intimdating or attractive?

In my classes and in some of the literature I've had to read, there is discussion about how it's difficult for women who pursue post bacculaurate degrees have a harder time finding a mate and have lower marriage rates. Part of me think that this is a bit far fetched. I was going for my masters but I have decided to go for a second bachelors in another field altogether. My ex was supportive of me being in school and even encouraged me to get back into dancing (tf?). Do men find it intimidating that a woman works for a higher degree or do you find it confident, ambitious, with a bit of sexiness? Men and women can answer this question. Let's discuss!

• Intimidated by a woman seeking a higher education degree
  • Like that a woman is ambitous by seeking a higher education
  • Does not matter

Most Helpful Guy

• I find it attractive, it means she can get a job and support herself without relying on me as I have enough to deal with without having a parasite draining me of my money.

What Guys Said 5

• Being ambitious is not sexually a turn-on or a turn-off for men. It is sexually neutral.

Being ambitious can be a good thing personality-wise, but it depends on what the ambition is. As for the alleged low marriage rates (I don't know whether that is true or not), it could be that having a postgraduate degree and not getting married are both symptoms, rather than one being the cause of the other. If having a postgraduate degree is actually a cause of not being married, it could be that men are more willing to marry women with less education than women are to marry men with less education, and the competition would be exacerbated by the fact that a clear majority of students at every degree level is now female.

My personal view is that a university degree at any level is no longer a reliable marker of intellectuality. I think education at all levels has been severely debauched over the past few decades. This is especially true in, but not limited to, the humanities. So, I wouldn't prejudge based on degrees at all.

• Humanities have been tough. I have a psych degree and I was going for a masters in counseling but I realized that the job market for that is still crap so I switching to something else. But it bothers me that some of these jobs just want to to pay you minimum wage.

• This is a good thing... as long as you maintain your feminine allure in the process. :)

• it's nice for a girl to have ambitions

• I find that ambitious woman are hard to please. It seems nothing you achieve is good enough, you should be aiming higher.

• I think it depends on the guy. It also seem like those want a master's seem more focused on that than relationships, it seems true with both genders.

What Girls Said 0