If the best relationships start as friendships how do you develop a relationship when your female friends won't date you?

I hear tons of people saying that for a lasting relationship you should be friends first but basically every girl I've ever known refuses to date any guy she considers a friend.

Most Helpful Girl

• All the guys i have dated i was friends with first. Just keep being their friends and in the end you will meet someone else or one of your friends will want to date you. Helpful hint don't be that guy that wants to date all his friends. A girl wants to feel special and not like you are just desperate to date any girl. So stay away from hitting on them just be really nice and at some point tell them you are interested.

What Girls Said 3

• I honestly can relate. The problem with us girls is that at the beginning we are attracted, but after a while we write the guy off as a friend. My honest opinion if you meet someone who you are interested in and think you might slip into the friend zone: Ask out within the first month. Then if you are interested as a couple you will also grow as friends. Sounds stupid, but I've had enough crushes on guys who after a while I just gave up on, hence throwing them in the dreaded "friend zone".

• It really is a hit or miss on the girl them-self. I have a friend who has to be good friends with the guy for at least 5 months before its a consideration and then the other whose like meh who cares about friendship.

• nah. not true for me. only issue is when other friends try to get gossip outta it and it screws stuff up. happened today actually :/

What Guys Said 2

• That's why it's nonsense that relationships should be friends first. They should be relationships first and the friendship develops

• The only girlfriends I've ever had were friends first. No idea.