Anybody else miss the whole culture of actually, you know, dating?

It sucks in my opinion that dating feels practically dead. Both guys and girls are to blame for it, no doubt. Not a gender specific blame game for this one.

I'm the type that want to date then decide if I want to move into something more physical, not the other way around. Seems like this has largely fallen to the wayside.

Help restore my faith some people!

Most Helpful Guy

• I still date, but I noticed that after one date, the girls I date usually act like we have been together for a LONG time and want to go as far as possible in a short amount of time.

I don't really care, but I don't feel like I have to work for the relationship at this point. It just sort of happens with no effort :/ then it's not as valuable to me as someone who takes it slower

• Exactly. Too many trying to move way too quick. Like they want the whole thing over night.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm sort of traditional in that sense. I don't even want to date somebody that believes in texting at night. I prefer to talk on the phone instead. I think the technological advances have contributed to the destruction of "meaningful dating".

• I dated my current boyfriend for 2 months before we held hands, 3 months before our first kiss, and we had been dating for a year before we had sex. We both think relationships need to be based on true friendship, because after the initial excitement phase is over, if you don't have a solid friendship, you have nothing. If my boyfriend's penis got chopped off, I know I would still love him and look forward to being with him more than anyone else in the world.

What Guys Said 3

• That's the way the world is today (and likely would have been earlier barring societal judgment of natural behavior). Find ways to enjoy what is--there are alternative ways to set up your romantic life that will still leave you feeling fulfilled without holding on to the ideas of a past time.

• 0|0
  • Completely agree