What endearing word do you use to call your significant other? (baby, babe, sweetie, boo, etc.)?

I personally find "baby" and "babe" to be extremely annoying, lol. Almost douchey, to be honest.

We just never use those words, because they're so corny.

We tend to just call each other by our names, sometimes use words like "darling" or "luv", but not in a serious way, more like in a "we're mocking the way couples refer to each other" way.

Though sometimes we do exchange a few "boo's", but they're usually converted to "boobie", haha.

What endearing words do you use to call your partner? :3

Correction:

Most commonly used term in my relationship is "bitch", but with love of course. :D

Most Helpful Girl

• I usually walk in babe's room like "whaddup bitch"

• Lol, to be fair "bitch" is a more commonly used term in this relationship, than anything else. But with love, of course.

• Yes of course hahah

What Guys Said 11

• I, for one, HATE when people use 'Boo.' I just cannot stand it. Not sure why - maybe cause its not based in any romantic context like 'Honey', 'Sugar', and 'Baby' are. When speaking practical, I'll usually use 'Babe.' Though, when I'm trying to be cute for her, (whoever I am dating), I will say her first name, and add on the word 'Bear' on the end. But I put a 'W' in it, pronounce it 'Beawr,' and say it the way a child would. So Dayna, became 'DaynaBeawr.' And they think its the cutest thing in the world!

• See, bear wouldn't work for me, because in my culture if someone is called a bear, it would mean they're big, lazy and clumsy, haha.

I get the term, yeah. But it meshes in my head to balance meanings of two cultures, lol.

• I hear that. If I go to long without speaking German aloud, I start messing up slang, sayings, and syntax.

• As for me, it turn me on when she calls me 'Marine' like it was a first name - I think it also turns her on at the same time.

• Really depends on the girl I'm with and what comes to mind like one ex I used to call Sunshine because she was blond and her personality always brightened me up. Another ex I'd call Bambolina which is Italian for doll. It really depends. most of the time I'd call them by those names though it was in private cause that shit is annoying to hear when others do it lol so in public it was just their name.

• Yeah, I never use endearing terms in public, because it is indeed annoying as shit.

• Seriously is annoying though... public humiliation alert.. its like spilling super secret confidential bedroom details infront of the parents bad lol

• I don't have any SO (and never will LOL) but i believe it's better tocall him/her with his/her name and only.

baby, babe, boo, etc sound totally corny

• Okay bitch (that was with love hahaha), English is not my mother tongue but something with bunny may be a sweet thing to call her. Not "pussycat", that's a bit too slutty haha :-)

• Oh, "bunny" is a common Russian endearing word (pronounced: zai-kah). :D

• Eh, google translate can sometimes botch things up really badly, that they don't make any sense what so ever.)))

• Exactly! And I wouldn't be able to see if the Russion translation looked credible so... oops.
      I want to be kind to you, not insult you by accident :-)

• We use babe and baby a lot and I'm no douche. 😐

I call my wife cutie bootie a lot. I rarely ever use her real name.

• I used one only once, to be honest I just refer to her by name.

• I usually make one up just for her.

• Not in a relationship currently, but i usually use honey... cliche i know :P

• Well, does she like it?

• The 2 girls I've used it on in the past seemed to like it yes. Oh and I also remember calling a girl 'sweetie' and she really loved that

• ... "You". That's all I ever use.

• I call her Angel of Death

• This one time, her boss said, "you have to go kill every first born son in Egypt" and she was like, "wait don't we have a lot of loyal clients there?" And her boss was like, "oh shit, yeah." So their clients painted their doorways with lamb's blood. So my girlfriend saw the blood and didn't kill their kid. All the other children were slaughtered. Thus the name, Angel of Death.

• That's hilarious and all, but I'd rather hear a real story, not a copy-paste from the Bible. :P

• Funny, the girl I liked, used "boo", and we were only "just friends". She played it off like that, I knew it wasn't. We're no longer friends

What Girls Said 6

• He's my Hunny Boy, Hunny Bear.

Last weekend he was Mr. Stinky 😈 he blamed his horrendous odor on the awesome caramelized onions I 😇 put on his burger!

Even our English Bulldog Chesty gave him a wide berth. Normally they are best buddies, Chesty must have figured he was going to be blamed for the foul smells!

• Poop face (:

• Now THATS endearing lol and in a crowd you'd definitely catch your guy's attention if he's gets separated from you :P

• It is (: and im not sure what u mean but thank you? Lol

• Daddy or Mister.
    I like being called anything, babe is a little unoriginal, but my ex used to call me angel and it made me smile every time.

• Eww, isn't "daddy" a bit on the creepy side, though? D:

• i cannot understand why many girls like to call their SO "daddy"... it's like phantasizing that he's your... DAD? WTF?

• It's not an incestuous fantasy. My real, biological father I have no issues with, it's a separated concept.
      My SO is just a dominant figure in my life, usually, and so I call him the title which I think gives the most respect to that.

• I actually find endearing words to be really disgusting they just sound really bad and weird and not really romantic tbh.

my boyfriend and I usually just say then when we're joking and as you said, mocking other couples haahhaha

• Haay baaabe, you want some toast, babe? Oh babe, can you pass the milk please, babe?

Babe babe baaaaaaaaaabe.

• hooonnney boo boo bunches can you come over pretty please my lovely sweetie pie

• I just use his name. He uses my name too, but also calls me his "little lady/little woman" or "missy" sometimes. Lately, he'll be like "hey sweetheart/beautiful". Makes me smile. I guess I could try "hey handsome". He is, but it just feels strange calling him something other than his name.

• It's definitely strange at first.

We only started using sweet words 2 years into the relationship. Before it was just by name or "bitch", lol.

• Through text I use "babe" and "baby" lol

In person we call each other "asshole" or "honey bunches of oats" though... it can go either way XD

• Endearing insults are the best. :D

• Haha a friend calls me honey bunches of oats all the time I call her count chocula coz it pisses me off :P

• I think I'll have to update my question now, since bitch is the most commonly used word, haha.