Blind dates are a bad idea? Strangers after all!?

Do you think blind dates are a bad idea?

There's just something uncomfortable about meeting someone for the first time, you don't know anything about him/her, and it's already a date? We should get to meet casually first, and if it goes well, the next one can be a date.

What do you think?

• Blind dates are fine!
  • Only on the 2nd time should it be a date
  • Only on the 3rd time should it be a date
  • Only after a few times should it be a date
  • A month or more, I don't care, only when I'm ready

Most Helpful Guy

• Every blind date I've had has been horrible. I always end up wondering why they thought the two of us would be compatible.

• I'm sorry to hear of that. I guess friends just thought it was better to recommend someone than to not have any at all. :/

• It usually went like this.
      You have to meet so n so, you'd two would be perfect.

After being hounded for a while I'd agree. Been on three. Never again.

What Girls Said 4

• if you're meeting hoping to for m attraction then hopes is it not a date. whether you call it one or not. what technically is the difference between meeting a potentials partner as a none date and meeting as a date?

• I guess it's true that it doesn't really affect the end result if it does work out. Maybe it can help with the illusion of nervousness though. Like when you're nervous, you might mistaken it for attraction, to only find out both of you don't have the spark when you got over the nervousness.

• Yeah.. not so good idea to make the first meeting a date.

• I so agree with you haha. There are some things that I can only do once I know and feel for the other person. Definitely not on the first date.

• I guess it depends if I trust whoever's setting us up, but it's just a date. I think it's fun to meet new people. Even if it goes horribly, at least it makes a good story. :)

• Lol that's optimistic of you. Yeah it's good to go in with that kind of non commitment and casual mentality for the first meetup.

• Why go on blind dates when there's sites where you can get paired up with people who have similar interests?

• Even then, I think some kind of chatting online before meeting up is necessary haha. Otherwise it's still more or less a blind date.

• This is very true, but I'd still trust a site like that over my friends picking me out a date... I mean I love my friends, but eh I wouldn't exactly trust them to pick out a date for me

• lol! Perhaps with a bit of personal vetting and selection from your friend's recommended candidates, at least it wouldn't be so far off. But yea I wouldn't dare to do a completely blind date unless I was told what the person was like haha.

What Guys Said 2

• I am not a fan of them at all

• it's pretty stressful, yeah.

• still much better than OLD , imo..