What do you think of the whole "sex on the third date" cliche?

A lot of TV shows movies etc seem to depict people sleeping together on the third date. How do you feel about this? Do you agree?

Most Helpful Guy

• Im reallyshy/ introverted and don't really date. I have no idea how quickly the average couple fucks each other but I wouldn't be surprised if it does happen.

Personally I think 3-4 weeks would be good, its not too long of a wait but it also gives you an opportunity to get tested and form some sort of a connection.

I don't know tho, that's just me, I'm not very experienced so maybe I'm biased 😕

What Guys Said 5

• It's not the only reasonable timeline. It's a 'quick but not ONS continue dating' pace.

• I don't know to each their own. For the right girl I would wait much longer but in most cases it happens much much faster then that haha

• You have no need to have sex with a person at any point i think it's always your own choice when to have sex

• Is that really a cliche? Never heard of it as such.

Everyone does it when they're ready I hope.

• I don't agree... when it's the right time? that is different in every situation I think

What Girls Said 2

• I don't agree nor abide to it. I know this sounds ultra lame, but I have sex when I'm ready and I either love the person or really care for him. This usually takes more than 3 dates. It takes me anywhere from like 3-7 months to feel that connection emotionally.
    I guess I agree with it if the person feels ready, and disagree if they're just doing it to be the cliche. If you feel ready to fuck on the first date, coolio. If you need to wait longer, coolio. It basically is up to the individual when to have sex, not for a cliche.

• Fine if both people want it that way.

Much too soon for me personally.