Does anyone else avoid relationships/dating?

I've been battling mental illness and general selfconfidence issues. The idea of dating or a relationship sounds great but as soon as I sense that A girl and I are getting close I back away because I don't want to burden them with my internal struggles.

Why do you avoid dating/relationships

• I avoid dating/relationships
  • I embrace dating/relationships

Most Helpful Girl

• You're basically me. I've got Bipolar Disorder, ADHD, Borderline Personality Disorder, EDNOS, and some other stuff. Whenever I get close to someone but sense that they want more or we have talked about having more than just a friendship, that's when I start to freak out.

• Wow. That is a lot of conditions. I hope you ar coping with them

• Thanks for MHO! And yes I am coping with my illnesses, but I'm still no better at getting into a relationship, haha.

What Girls Said 6

• I had a guy dump me because my bipolar was too much to handle, or something like that. I haven't dated since.

I know where you're coming from.

• It sucks :( because most mental illness is lifelong and we can't keep running away due to anxiety etc

• Nope, it can't be dismissed. That's why I actually prefer the guy doesn't call me back the next day. Everyone wants to screw a bipolar girl but no one wants to date her. She'll start to think likewise after a while.

• So sorry to hear that. Those motherfcukers!

• I avoid relationships because I can't let people get close to be due to childhood problems, I also am scared of commitments and have too much fun being single.

• As long as you happy or at least content

• I avoid it because I'm not ready to be in one.

• Why aren't you "ready"?

• Way too many reasons. I'm waiting until marriage to do anything physical with a guy including kissing. Another is that there are certain things that I wanna do before accepting or pursing a relationship with someone.

• I've chosen to not date anymore.

• Yes honestly you aren't alone. Being alone is better most of the time because no one can hurt you and you do not need to prove to anyone, he'll you could do whatever you want and be yourself completely !!, plus being in a relationship is pointless.

• Pointless? Being in relationship has its pros and cons just like being single does

• I avoid relationships because I don't feel attachment towards others, I'm pretty sure it's a side effect of depression that makes me feel dead inside. Either way no guy should have to be put through the hassle of dating me

• That is kind of how I feel man

What Guys Said 1

• I avoid it. Mostly because I usually feel that either the girl would not like me anymore once she knows the real me or my attraction to her will disappear when I see her more and more. Thats what usually happens when I meet an attractive girl and see them a lot. The attraction dies out