Is it true that guys will get intimidated by a super smart girl?

Can it be true? I've heard guys call me "too smart" before but is it an actual fear factor in asking a girl out, no matter their looks?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, I guess it would be true for me. But then again, I have never met such a girl. They're usually not smart at all. So the smarter the girl has been, the more attracted I was to her. So, to sum it up, no.

What Guys Said 14

• It can be, yes.

Most of the time, it isn't. Generally, for a regular guy to be put off by a smart girl, it's the result of:
    1) Making a point that you're smarter than he is
    2) Being arrogant because of your intellect

I've seen plenty of both of these. Girls who were "too smart" to be into boys, girls who talk down to their boyfriends (or dates), and girls who feel that because they're smarter than average deserve the cream of the crop men, even if they have insufferable personalities.

• It depends on how that intelligence manifests itself. If she is insecure about her intelligence and displays that by being condescending, belittling, and arrogant, I'm not going to connect with her or like her, and it could be that girl's perspective that I was intimidated by her. Intelligence in people with self-esteem does not try to get everybody to look at it.

Some guys, on the other hand, may be intimidated by a girl's intelligence if they themselves feel intellectually inadequate.

• Maybe really stupid guys? I don't know, I've never found intelligence intimidating, nor can I imagine why anyone would.

• If she makes him feel insecure about his intellect then maybe but if she doesn't make him. feel stupid and doesn't talk about stuff he has no idea about then the guy would have no reason to be intimidated

• smartness hasn't got to do with anything basically

• No way. I need a smart girl to keep me entertained. I would love to marry a complete genius, then we could have some amazing conversations for real. I'd never get bored of her, never ever ever.

• I love intelligent women! The only factor that puts me off is if they want to show it off like they are superior. That goes for men too. I'm pretty smart myself (humble too!), and want to talk to someone who is smart too. All guys should marry smart women. They can bring home a lot of money! (grin!)

• Dude no it not just a. Female factor of being to smart its and people factor of being to smart. No one wants a Sheldon Cooper. Around them all day. People. Only like people who are on there level or beneath them.

lf course this isn't 100% because. Humans are a unknown. Factor because every one different. More like 95%

• Nope, since I'm super smart myself.

Now, a super smart AND hot girl? That can be intimidating.

• Nope-arooney! As long as you don't show it off and stuff, you should be fine.

• Unless the guy is really insecure, it won't be a factor. There are so many different ways to measure intelligence that most people convince themselves they are smarter than their partner. All they need is to have a different opinion or preference and suddenly their partner is an idiot for liking a certain kind of music, or reading their horoscope.

For the most part women claiming guys are intimidated by them is like guys whining girls only like jerks. It just isn't true most of the time.

• It would just make me want toppush myself further and get better grades. I actually prefer smart girls, my school's filled with them.

• No guys only have a problem with women who think they are superior just because they are smarter and it also depends on what kind of smarts. Book smarts? or Smart about life in general?

• That is a complete myth. I've never been intimidated by anyone's intellect. I represent all men.

What Girls Said 1

• If a guy is insecure with his own abilities or isn't all that bright himself, he may feel intimidated. Or he may feel intimidated if you come off as a know-it-all, for obvious reasons. But simply being smart will really only deter guys who probably wouldn't be a good match for you, anyway.

• I know very smart guys and I know dim-witted guys and only the dim-witted ones show any sort of intimidation by a girl's smarts. The very smart guys prefer to be around smart girls.

• Okay thank you.. please look at my last question! It's so important !!