Do you date people who aren't right for you?

I have a boyfriend, but I know we aren't correct for each other. He doesn't want to get married, he want kids and I don't. He wants to stay here, but I want to leave. We know we aren't right for each other. He says we're good company in the meantime. It's a small town and the dating scene totally sucks. Should I stay with him? Would you stay with someone in this situation? Do people do this a lot?

Most Helpful Girl

• I wouldn't. I only date people I from the beginning think are right for me and later on if I see that they aren't then it ends. I don't see the point in wasting my own and someone else's time. Great company just isn't enough for me I want it all and I would rather be searching for the right, than staying with someone who isn't for me just because the dating scene sucks.

What Guys Said 5

• The only people I've dated I have ended up in long term relationships with. One was right, the other was not as right.

So I guess sometimes.

• i don't date in general... i'm a sworn single guy :-P

• Fuck no.

Why waste my time dating someone that isn't right for me. I can see that on a first date maybe since you're getting to know them but afterwards if that person isn't right then I'll never ask her out again and just be friends.

• We started out fine, but over the past few months, we've discovered that we want different things.

• There's your answer unless both of you are that madly interested in each other to change for the "other" I see no possible way otherwise.

• Leave. Why tf would you stay? Your town must not have common sense either.

• I have. I try not too anymore.

What Girls Said 1

• No, no and no. You're staying out of convienence and basically wasting time. You both deserve someone who suits you and has the same aspirations. Don't be that person who stays with someone because they can't deal with being alone. Be confident and value yourself more, don't settle.