Would you date interracially? And which race? Do your parents care?

Like the question says
And which race if not all

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm Asian, and up until this past summer, I've only been attracted to Asian guys. After breaking up with my bf and started dating as someone single again, I decided to try dating outside my race, and I find that there are its pros and cons. Just to put it out there, most of my dates have been with guys from tinder lately. There are its pros and cons. My mom actually wants me to try dating and, eventually, marry a non-asian man while my dad is more traditional and wants me to marry someone chinese. but in the end I believe that as long as they like him and see that he is a good man, then the race won't matter.

• What races have the guys from tinder been?

• Depends on where I am. When I was in a big city for summer, it was a good mix of all races (white, black, Asian, Indian/Pakistani, Hispanic) and socioeconomic backgrounds, so tinder was a lot of fun. But in my college town, it's mainly white college guys who aren't as cultured or interesting to me.

What Girls Said 37

• Yup, definitely would, have, and am dating interracially. My ex was Fijian and my current boyfriend is Chinese.

My parents, namely my mom, do care. She says it's nothing against him, more than he's not religious and in her opinion, since we're dating that by default means he's potential for marriage, and should that be the case we won't be able to get married in the church.

Totally crazy if you ask me, but yeah she definitely makes it difficult to bring him to my place and bugs me when I spend too much time with him. Which is fine though, I've put up with it for 10 months and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. :)

• I like that mindset! yeah religion does start to way a lot in relationships but I don't think it should interfere, If I have to get married in 2 places then so be it haha

• yeah agreed. Like my boyfriend is not practicing antyhing, though I don't see why that should be an issue. Unbeknownst to my mom but I don't really consider myself as religious either.

I don't see why it's so crucial that he be practicing the same religion as me... he still shares the same morals, values, as well as beliefs as me about life in general so the fact that he lacks the title of belonging to a certain religion is not a concern.

• Yes, doesn't matter what race as long as I'm attracted to him and no my parents won't care as long as he isn't a bad guy. By bad guy I mean, has NO JOB and isn't looking, abusive, rude, racist, lacks hygiene, bad manners, etc. Either way I wouldn't even try to get a guy like that so they don't worry about me.

• Independant woman who lives outside the boundaries haha

• I didn't mean it as a bad thing lol just think of it as an encouraging comment :)

• Yeah I know :D

• yep! I like mixed guys the most but as far as race I really don't care as long as we have good chemistry. My family do not care because we are all mixed all the way down to my great grandparents. My family reunion is a culture fair. But my god parents are a different story. My god father made me promise not to date Chinese guys. Other than that I'm mixed and I don't mind mixing more lol. :)

• I don't rule it out. I have to say I'm not usually attracted to guys of a different race (I. e not white) just because of personal preference, not racism or anything. Parents wouldn't really care (Dad would be the biggest problem though), although I worry that my one ser of grandparents would be accidentally racist sometimes! I'd go out with anyone of a different race, as long as they weren't extremist religious people that I would have to convert to be with.

• I would definitely date interracially. To me, it doesn't matter what race, as long as I am attracted to them and they are what I would consider boyfriend material. My parents thankfully don't care. I'm hispanic btw.

• i'm black. my parents would not be happy with me dating out. I don't do it. not because of what they think, but I just like what I like.

• Cool! Everyone has their preferences!

• Exactly why this is a great question. Every body a has a right to like what they like and that's okay

• ANY race, I have always dated outside of my race, I'm not sure why. Just being surrounded by a different culture fascinates me I guess. I am Asian and I have dated white guys, black guys, Hispanic guys, middle eastern guys and mixed breeds. My parents don't care, as long as he treats me right and I am happy with him.

• One quarter of each race please? Black, Chinese, white and indigenous blood moulded in one person. Sorry full bloods are weak biologically speaking.

• As if there's any other way to have it :P

• Look i had a convo with all of them. White and asian/chinese guys are too boring. Interesting ones were with guys who have a bit of flour, blackinese and native American bloods.

• Lol I know... I've talked to you before richie haha

• I don't care about race so yes of course. This is 2014 so no my parents wouldn't care. My grandma would, but not my parents. She is kinda racists, whitout really knowing, it's kinds cute. We where on a trip to a bigger city, and she kept talking about: "All those black people everywhere.."

• I'm fine with any race and my parents don't care as long as he's wealthy because I'm nineteen and they're worried about who im going to marry lol

• I don't have a preference based on race, I just like who I like. If my parents don't like that, that's their problem. They're not the one dating them.

• My parents are weird when it comes to me and guys. My parents are black and white so they always talk about it. My dad is always on me when I talk about a black guy but I'm not really attracted to a lot of black guys like talking about it xD I would date interracially... kinda have to? Lol

• Yes, preferably not white, and not so much.

• I'm with a white boy :)

• And you are (race)? Would it only be white guys or are there other races?

• I knew you were Asian mixed with something, all the girls from Philippines I have met so far are so attractive :)
      That's actually true, that's why a lot of filipinos are confused for hispanic/latin sometimes

• very true :) and im delighted that u find my race attractive

• Yea my mom doesn't care but I feel like my dad wants me to be with a black guy. I also feel like when it comes to my family it's not normal to date someone non black so you get more attention or positive comments on your kids if their mixed (that's mostly the black women giving those comments in my family) It also seems like my dad doesn't like Hispanic guys I don't know why though.

• Yes I would.
    my parents never mention objection towards other race. Even if they object it doesn't bother me

• i do. i'm Chinese but my parents are very lenient, i've dated Asian guys but i'm more into Caucasian guys. my parents don't really care.

not every Asian parent will be this lenient though.

• Are they pretty much westernized? Would it be different if you were raised in China?

• yeah, i am really Westernized but that's a lot due to my upbringing. uh i can't say if it would be differnt if i were raised in China, i'm Canadian and that's the culture i know so i cna't even say. lol

• Haha I understand

• If I like the guy, maybe. No barriers to entry, I reckon. I could like a white guy as well as I could like a black guy, an Asian guy or a mestizo. My parent's don't care.

• Yes, I am open to dating interracially. My last ex was white. My parents have no problem with it. I actually have a close relative that has been married to a white person for quite some time now, & no one in my family has problems with that either.

• i'm eurasian and i like Asian boys.
    hope that counts as interracial p*rn.

• I would and have dated interracially, I don't really care about a person's race
    , my mom wouldn't care because she is bi-racial

• I have before.

• I would. Asian, white, black or mixed. I don't mind as long as I'm attracted to them and we understand each other. My parents care but it'll still be up to me! :D

• At a certain point you just have to realize your parents can't dictate all aspects of your life
      As long you're happy that's all that matters :)

• I'm open to it. My parents don't care as long as he shares the same religion as me.

• I don't discriminate. I'd date any race. I'm Asian and white and so far I've dated white and mixed guys. My parents don't really care as long as his intentions are well

• That's all that should matter :)

• Yes for sure! I'm white and I would really like to date a Asian guy ^^
    My parents don't mind but my dad makes fun of me a little, but he would do that no matter who I liked :P

• Cool, is Asian your top or only race you'd go for?

• Not the only race but I just find Asian guys very attractive and kind :) But if I find a guy whom I really like race does not matter ^^

• i am mixed, black and white, and i date white men. my mother does not really care but my father does. I assume because he is my father and just doesn't want me to date men at all because I am a daddy's girl. But he doesn't care much either.

• Only white men or anything else?

• I date anyone with a great personality

• Oh okay it just so happens that you've only dated white men until now, misunderstood form your initial comment

• I'm south east Asian and never thought of dating out but sure seems interesting :p.. it's all about personality though for me.
    about my parents.. i dont know..

• When you see interracial do you think other color, or other country like another Asian country?
      And Which race would you go for if explored?

• I think of other color like black, white etc.
      I don't really mind - any race really.

• Hell yes. And any race idc! As long as they are right for me, funny smart etc. My mom would just be super curious about their 'culture'

• Yes i would my parents wouldn't care cause they are an interacial couple..

• More from Girls
    7

What Guys Said 31

• First and foremost, I'm the person dating the girl, why would my parents EVEN think they have a say on who I should date and who I shouldn't? I date interracial and that's ALL I date. Skin colour, type, blood type all that bullcrap doesn't matter one bit to me. I could careless. I'm out for my happiness and my girls, my parents had their chance, this is my chance. I've dated many but I do chase South Americanas, Black, Asian, Middle Eastern, White, Eastern Europeans, Mediterranean or hybrids of any combinations, also in no particular order. If I think a girl looks good then I'm going to approach and flirt.

• Well said! People to many limitations on race and color, I'm glad to see people are opening up to the idea more and more

• @Asker - Dating is already hard in finding a great quality girl why would I want to limit my search? That's what I say. Plus I've learned a LOT of things along the way from dating many cultures, ideas, beliefs and lifestyles, religions so I think it's great.

• well i've never had a black girlfriend... because i was never attracted to black girls, and still am not. I've dated Latina ^^... white and asian... and a mix obviously.

Im white. And i don't really care what my parents think, im smart enough to know what im doing anyway.

Its important to be careful thought with interracial dating. You got the white guys with that "asian fetish or yellow fever" and those black guys with their white woman fetish or as they say "snow bunnies or snow flakes." -_- any guy that is like one of those two is a douche and should be avoided at all costs.

• If I like a girl it's simply because I like her not due to stereotypical fetishes!

• @youknowit because it seems like you are caring for the color instead of the girl

• oh yes indeed the asker is correct ^^

• 1. Yes I would date interacially and I don't care if others do. Beggars can't be choosers, you know. ;)
    2. Any race.
    3. I don't know if my parents would care. I know that I wouldn't care if they care.

The importance of race in dating is way overhyped IMHO.

• Yeah definitely, what's your race if you don't mid sharing

• White. Very white. Like Casper white.

I'm Irish. We get sun for two weeks a year and then there's a drought and everyone gets sunburnt. Then it starts raining again. God, I love my country!

• Haha good thing people like casper

• Yes, I would!
    Doesn't matter as long as I find em attractive and bearable.
    My parents care, but I don't give a fuck if they care or not.

• I like Asians so I prefer dating Asians but that's not to say I wouldn't date any other race. My parents probably do care but at this point they won't do anything to piss me off if they had an issue with my significant "other."

I only worry about the "other" parents if they have a problem with me.

• Yeah the other parents are usually a problem

• I have no preferences and my parents don't care either. My mom encourages me to go after certain mixed girls and black girls while my dad encourages me to go after pretty girls with good morals. I just do my own thing lol.

• 0|2
  • Sure. My parents would be wigged out for 10 seconds, but then get over it.

They're older and just set in their ways, that's all.

• I personally don't care which race I end up with I like them all. I'm white btw. I prefer Mexican girls honestly and I find that they are usually attracted to me as well haha lucky huh

• Lucky you sir! A lot of hispanics girls are attractive not all but a decent amount

• I agree, there's a less attractive side to all races though not just Mexicans haha

• Would I date interacially? I guess so.
    What race? Hispanic probably.
    Would my parents care? You betcha.

• I would date interracially because humans are humans and love knows no boundaries. Any race a beautiful woman with an amazing personality is a beautiful woman with an amazing personality regardless of race.

My Father is a racist and will care, but he abandoned me at the age of three to start a new life and a new family, so he goes no say in my life and my Mother says a good woman is a good woman regardless of race. I agree.

• Im mixed so my parents would be idiots to oppose interacial dating xD and so would I. They would look at me weird or make fun of me for dating a black girl though

• LOL XD

• my mom was racist and hated black guys. and hey, ironically, she ended up making babies with one.

• Yes, every relationship I've been in has been interracial. Not on purpose it just happens. I'd date any race, doesn't matter. My parents wouldn't care, my family considers me "weird" anyway. So something like this wouldn't even come as a surprise to them anyways.

• Maybe an Asian, but I wouldn't date another race other than that aside from my own. I did once get asked out by a black girl. I declined, my parents would go against me is I would of dated her. However, I would date internationally. I got a thing for Dutch women and Belgium women.

• I'm white, I have dated interracially. I don't care what race really, aslong as I'm attracted. I love round faces, that's my only preference really. My parents don't care aslong as I'm happy.

• Round faces it is lol, I like dimples but I guess that's just me!

• I'm not going to out to look for dimples but if I find it oh man it's a plus in my book :D

• Yeah me too. It really compliments a round face too. A round cute face with dimples. Dayum.

• yes! I've dated mulatos to whites. i m Asian so ill leave that out since its obvious lol. parents are ok with everhone i m attracted to

• I would date any race,
    Specifically i love Italian women and mixed girls.

• No never. only inside my race.

• I'd date any race. If anybody disagrees, then they really should just kill themselves.

• Yes

Not sure what race im open minded

and no

• Nah. My "type" is cute brunette white girls who are fit, and I see no reason to change that, haha.

• We all have our preferences!

• Yes and any race.

• My mother doesn't care as long as I am happy!

• So which races have you found attractive so far? if any that is

• Good luck to you sir! haha

• Thank you good sir!

• Hot white chicks mostly.

• I'd date any race. Doesn't really matter. I think women of all colors are beautiful.

• Gotta date'em all. lol

• I am in a interracial relationship. My girlfriend is white and I am mix.

• I'm mixed so no matter what I do, I pretty much have to date interracially. Nobody really cares except my grandmother on my Asian side.

• I'm not really attracted to anything other than white women but if the girl was easy to get along with I'd probably date her

• To each his own sir!

• I don't believe that bullshit, I live in the multicultural capital of the world. No one cares here I most certainly don't

• I wasn't saying as a bad thing, I just meant everyone has their preferences lol

• All of them. Love is love

• More from Guys
    1