Something mundane as sleeping with a teddy bear is now a red flag/dealbreaker... wow?

This was the last question I asked: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1217667-why-is-it-bad-to-sleep-with-a-teddy-bear-because-you-are-insecure

I realize that I am emotionally weak, insecure, blah blah blah (what I said in the other question) and that is more than enough of a reason for a woman to not want to date me. Clearly... I am not designed to date or conduct romantic relationships and I don't want to get into that here.

But apparently now quite a few women even view men, who are not insecure like me, that sleep with a teddy bear at night just for comfort and relaxation, as undateable and instantly write them off. That's fucking nonsense!

What is this? This isn't the first example. I have seen on dating forums... it seems as if people in general have gotten so picky and every little thing has to be perfect and the slightest deviation from socially accepted behavior is now viewed as a "red flag" or a "dealbreaker". I see this on some forums more than other. I see this less on this site than say DateHookup, but do remember that the folks on DateHookup are generally much older which would imply that their way of thinking is probably more likely to be "correct" and "sensible". Most there said that they would never date someone who slept with a teddy bear at night.

Like seriously, breaking up/terminating involvement on the basis of something this mundane?

Most Helpful Girl

• Doesn't bother me..
    there are bigger issues to look out for... Like lying... Cheating... Etc... Those are deal breakers...

Most Helpful Guy

• Women are very picky and hold the sexual power in a relationship. No matter how unreasonable women are men either conform to become as close to what women want, or he won't get laid. Having a teddy bear is going to be seen as weak by women, so guys aren't allowed to have that kind of luxury if they want a relationship with a woman. It isn't fair, it isn't right, but that is just the way it is.

What Girls Said 4

• I think sleeping with a stuffed animal is awesome.

• My bf can't sleep without his special cushion. it's okay, I used to have one too until it fell apart.

• I don't think girls start running away when show them your secret after being together for a while. It's possible you don't even need to hug your teddy anymore when you can hug her in bed.

• sleeping with a teddy bear is fine

• I sleep with a teddy bear from my mom. I'd be fine with it.

What Guys Said 1

• Here's a question for you: Why are you telling people you do this?

• I am not, except for here.

• But eventually if I enter a relationship, she will find out and I can't keep this hidden forever, and apparently, a few would breakup over this...

• If you get to the stage where she's in your room and in your bed, you have her to hug instead of the bear.