Do you really think taller women are picky with height?

Guys are telling me that I'm too tall because I'm 6'2 and a girl. My friends and family tell me I'm being too picky about men and only wanting taller men. So what. I get very bitter when I see a tall man with a short woman. It's stupid. My crush was 6'4 and so HOT, handsome and charming but he chose a 5'5 woman over me. Come on! I'm tall 6'2 and have beautiful long legs. What man doesn't want that? I HATE petite and average size women getting tall, average and handsome guys and I get shorter men 5'9 and shorter hitting on me. I saw tall men with tiny spinners, petite! I WILL NEVER EVER BE PETITE! Why can't tall guys appreciate a tall girl? I prefer guys my height to 7'1. I don't want to date a petite man! My ex boyfriends were 5'9 and 6'1.

• Yes. Most taller women are picky
  • No,
  • Tall women should stop being so damn picky and give a short man a chance!
  • Yes, that's when most taller women are single

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know about most, because most taller girls I have met were also out of shape and carrying a little extra around the waist, hips, arms, legs. I'm just not attracted to fat girls. Now if a tall girl is a little over weight/or in shape then yea I'd totally date them. I'm 6'1" and the tallest girl I've been with was 6'3". She was the one that had the issue with feeling too tall and wanting a taller guy so that she wouldn't feel so tall. I think it's interesting because it's common for a guy to want to be taller, but girls would rather FEEL shorter than her guy so girls would rather a guy be tall too.
    It's biological, so I don't really hold it against girls, but if that is the defining trait that makes it a Yay or Nay to dating someone then she is definitely too picky. Because you're upset that tall guys want a shorter girl (a superficial trait), while at the same time chasing a superficial trait yourself. Turn down the hate, because like you they are going after what they are attracted to.

• Wow. Really? Most of the taller girls I've met are skinny, tall, with nice asses.

My biology is insane then.

• You haven't met me, clearly. lol. I wish I had more weight around my hips and butt.

• @red_dragon yea, it was mostly at schools with big sports teams so that probably has some to do with it. More mass means stronger girls. Only knew a handful that were sexy.

@musicbrain5

Lol there's always the gym.
      Barbell hip thrusts and straddle reverse hypers : D

What Guys Said 15

• Being 6ft and above and wanting a taller guy is going to limit you a lot. So I do feel you're being picky in this area. Plus height isn't everything. I think you should spread your preferences out a little bit. You're going to pass by tons of good men over something you're making out to be a bigger deal then it needs to be.

• It's not picky to have a preference though. If dating a short guy doesn't appeal to her, it doesn't appeal to her and she shouldn't try and force herself to date guys she's not attracted to.

She can get a tall guy, but her problem is her vile attitude problem.

• @TheYellowBear Don't forget she's also a huge hypocrite.

• Again that's because she's so bitter. If she drops this bitterness and accepts that shorter women are more desirable but that doesn't mean she cannot be desirable herself then she'll be in a much better place. I'm 5'6 and I have long since accepted that taller men will always be more desirable for women but that doesn't mean to say I cannot attract women and indeed I do from time to time.

She's just young and insecure, hopefully with a bit of maturity behind her, she'll become a less bitter and more rounded character.

• I bet some tall guys will like you
    cdn.cutestpaw.com/.../...vorite-hiding-places..jpg

• I must say, the word picky bothers me here. It's like when someone calls someone shallow when it comes to looks and physical preferences.

From a relationship coaching perspective, here's the deal: We like what we like. We can't invent chemistry. By the numbers, 83% of women are attracted to men who are taller than them. When we talk about women that are 5'11 or taller, the % actually decreases to 79%--largely because they've gone their entire life being taller than most people and they've shifted their focus on what matters to include broader non-physical attributes. This isn't to say they're settling, but instead, that they've had to adjust their screening factors from an early age because the pool of potential guys was so small by height alone.

• Are you too picky? No.
    Should you settle for us short men? No.

So what should you do? It's simple: you need to let this bitterness towards short women go. You are so bitter that it oozes out in your questions, so it will be extremely visible in real life.

There's nothing wrong with your height, but there's everything wrong with your attitude; to put it mildly it stinks and no right thinking man will tolerate such an attitude problem.

• You're picky... you've posted a lot of questions like this and made your preferences very clear yet you don't like other people having preferences of their own.

I appreciate girls of all heights, but my preference is for the tiny little spinners.

• You can try convincing men that you have superior genes that will conceive tall athletic children for him.

• In my experience tall girls are picky. A lot of my female friends are 5'10"-6'3" and they prefer guys that are 6'6" and over. Obviously, a lot of guys aren't over 6'6". Even someone who is still taller than them such as myself isn't good enough.

• Before we get into height, do you consider yourself attractive? Go for an NBA player if you have to

• Every girl wants a guy that's like 6'3 or so, no matter how short or tall they are.

• Do you like really short guys?

• I can't speak for all tall women, but I know tall women like you are.

• I don't care that you're picky/shallow just stop being a hypocrite.

• I like tall girls. They usually have fat ass'.

I'm for reals too..

• Tall men have so many more options than the average guy, that the odds that they will choose a tall girl is statistically slim.

• Will I'm not slim. I'm large-framed and 184lbs

• Napoleon wasn't short. I'll take my average height someone else I guess. :(

• *somewhere

• I love how you complain about men wanting short women, while in the same breath saying that you only want tall guys.

Deal with it.

• So you're saying I'm shallow? I want a man at least my height and taller (6'2 and tall 7'1) I will not except and and petite women need to quit stealing the hunky tall men from us tall ladies!

• No, they don't need to quit "stealing" the men. What *you* need to do is accept your place in life and come to terms with your bitterness.

Good luck.

• Yes it's shallow.

What Girls Said 12

• I think it's just you based on what I've seen you post here. You won't date a guy shorter than you even by an inch. That is pretty picky. I'm tall too, but I wouldn't let a guy's height bother me if he was clearly into me.

• Well my 6'1 boyfriend was okay. At least he wasn't very short. Even this 6'8 guy rejected me and went for a girl that's tall but shorter than me. She's 5'9.

• Listen... I think almost all of the topics you've posted have been centered around your height. A lot of people think you're trolling at this point but I'm going to put it to you as nicely & simple as possible.

You need to be more confident in yourself. This hatred that you're expressing towards super tall men & short women for dating each other is actually a hatred towards yourself because you're not short. I can say that I definitely feel your pain as I'm 5'10" & I feel like a lot of the really cute guys are shorter than me. I hate being the tallest girl in the group. I hate that wearing heels makes me tower over everyone. So I get it.

I remember when I was in high school (I've been this height or close to it for a long time) I had a conversation with a really tall guy who I believe was a basketball player that went to another school. He told me that he actually prefers girls around my height because dating a super short girl would make it seem like he was dating his daughter. So there ARE super tall guys that date tall girls.

You need to have confidence in yourself. You're so tall, when you walk in the room, I bet you that almost all guys notice you first. Why? Because you stand out. But if you have an off-putting personality filled with insecurities, these guys might not even consider you. They're gonna go for another girl who is confident with a great personality, who is more than likely gonna be way shorter than you.

Furthermore, if you only want a super tall guy, that's fine. But you can't say that he can't have preferences either. No one respects a hypocrite. & you can't whine & cry about being single but turn around & demand a tall guy. You can either take what you are given, which may be a shorter guy, or wait patiently until your super tall prince charming comes along. Beggars can't be choosers.

• To be brutally honest, they can't really afford to be picky. :/

• Wow. You seem really insecure about your height. I don't know, but I am tall as well and I am fine with my height. If a guy doesn't want to date me because I'm tall then that's his problem not mine. I've dated guys shorter than me and I have dated guys up to 6'5. You say guys are being picky with picking shorter girls, but aren't you doing the same thing with overlooking any guy that would be under 6 feet?

• Well everyone says you're a troll but I'm gonna answer anyway. You sound kinda bitter but you kinda have a point cause a lot of girls want a guy taller than them and since you're tall you definitely want one taller. But you can't blame tall guys for being with shorter girls if that's what they want. Stop hating on average girls btw.

• If you lose some weight you can fit the niche men have for dating model-types. Think Karlie Kloss, that babe is 6'1.

• Everyone has preferences. Just don't be a hypocrite

• I think it's natural for woman to want a guy that is taller as it's whats considered socially normal. I as a woman that is short like being looked after and hugging someone that is taller it makes me feel protected and I love it.

• See I think that's stupid. Height and protection don't correlate at all.

• Personally, i also find it awkward if i had to bend down to kiss a guy. It's the little things like that, that make me prefer taller guys.

• Also i'm not being unreasonable, i just prefer guys that are at least 5'6 cause well i'm 5'4 and i just someone who is taller than me not massive.

• I am 5'8 which is technically considered "tall" and It would be very difficult for me to be attractive to someone under 6".

• that's rough yo. I think tall women prefer guys that are taller than them but it doesn't always end up that way. They aren't necessarily picky though.

• Well, when you only want men that are taller, it's the same as when they only want women, who are shorter. Like if you "demand" a guy to have a special haircut, or else you won't date him. Then you wouldn't be in a position to be mad, if he didn't want you for your hair. See? :)

• I get where your bitterness is coming from. Why can't the short girls just have the short men, and leave the tall men for taller chicks. But thats not really up to anyone but them to decide, so.

• I don't think the issue here is tall women being picky, because most women want tall men. I'm 5'2 (which is obviously very short) and I'm pretty picky, I only date guys at least 5'10 to like 6'3 would have to be my limit id say.
    I think the issue is men being picky and wanting to date only short, petite girls. Because I have noticed as well how there's tall dudes 6ft and above dating girls barely over 5ft.
    Don't worry about that one dude who picked that petite girl over you, he just wasn't the one for you. When you find your perfect guy, he will love you and your tallness.

• Why? It makes no sense.

• Red_dragon thats not what u asked LMAO.
      And thats just my preference.

Bysshe it's not that I expect thin to be a certain height before I accept him, because I actually am not attracted to short guys (except on rare occasions) so I can't consider him if I'm not attracted to him in the first place.

• When I get married, I don't want to bend down and kiss my future husband.