Why do most men like short women?

My boyfriend is 6'1 and very good to me. He's sexy, a hunk and so charming but he treats me right and yeah. I'm only 5'2 and the taller chicks give me a mean glare when I'm with my boyfriend.

• Because tall women are intimidating
  • Because shorter women are sexier
  • I don't know I just do
  • I don't like tall girls 5'8 and over

Most Helpful Guy

• I honestly do not see this really as a "men prefer shorter women" thing as much as I see it as a "women prefer taller men" thing. There's honestly plenty of men who will date a taller girl, but ask any guy who is not 6 foot and he will tell you how many girls out there will not date shorter guys. Like if you talk to any girl who dated online, chances are they have a story of a guy who lied about his height thinking he had a chance because he met her in person. These guys don't have a problem with taller women, but these women have a problem with a shorter guy.

What Guys Said 15

• To me the size is almost one of those things where if I can deal with it than it's whatever because her personality, her passions, her common sense is way more valuable than just her height. My 1st gf was 4'10, most exgfs were about 5'6/5'7 and the tallest girl I dated was about 5'10, she was different because she didn't have that complex of where she absolutely needs a guy to be taller than her, which made it a lot easier to flirt with when I met her at a party. But as a general dating rule of mine is not to date girls who are 5'6 and under.

• Shorter girls are just more attractive to me, overall just a more feminine trait, not taller girls are unattractive I don't like it if they are taller than me, and in a way girls like taller and "bigger" guys so they can always feel protected! So pretty mutual thing from the sexes

• Haha I don't know it just feels right to me. I've always loved shorter women and I find myself dating girls about your height regularly. They are just so damn cute. Plus it makes their boobs and their butts look much bigger in proportion to their height haha. Gotta love that.

• Shorter women are seen as being more feminine in appearance than taller women. That's not to say taller women are less feminine and that taller women are unattractive because that's not true.

Shorter women are just more desired than taller women much in the same way taller men are more desirable than shorter men.

Plus shorter women are also considered to be extremely weak and easily submissive so that also adds to the attraction.

• The men want to overpower the women. besides women like it when they are a bit taller than them because it gives them a feeling of protection.

• Probably because they feel you are probably one of those short girls who are into tall guys only.

• Well the shortest guy I've dated was 5'4. My 5'8 friend says she's jealous of me because I can date any height and she gets stares when she dated her ex boyfriend who wad only 5'5.

• Ehhhh only females care about stares. I don't give a damn about that.

• It just plays into the attraction girls have for taller guys.

• I'm not one to talk about this seeing as I'm the tallest person I know (6'0, still growing!), but its sort of a "preference" thing. It's just like how animals work. Female peacocks will mate with male peacocks who have bigger, brighter colored tail feathers. It's just a trait that men naturally look for.

• Shorter girls are cuter and fun to hug!

• Height ratio of man to woman does matter i guess. Taller women don't often tend to choose short men while shorter guys look out for women who is shorter than them.
    Well babe, i have seen breakup 'cause of height.

• Tall women pick me more than short ones do.

• @Red_Dragon
      Women are unpredictable. So as well as their choice :p

• True hahahaha.

• stop asking this question to blow up your ego. can't stand when people do that.

• I like them because I'm short haha

• To me they are more feminine

• Aww that's sweet but don't say taller women aren't feminine. Guys told my 5'8 friend that she's too masculine to be a girl.

• Tall woman can be feminine, but short ones are more so.

• In my part of Europe the opposite is true. Short girls are considered less desirable. The only place where I heard about a preference for short girls is this site actually.

I'm 6'5. I only date tall girls. So do many of my tall friends. Nothing as hot as gorgeous, long legged woman. They are also more of a "prize". I do get that some guys feel it's intimidating when a girl is hot and tall so they're afraid to approach 'cause they don't think they have a chance.

• When men don't like a certain thing, women like to think men are "intimidated" by it. It's really not that. It's just an attraction thing. Just like women prefer taller guys. It's not that they are intimidated by shorter ones.

• lol, what's up with the poll options. Are you secretly insecure that you're short or something...

• I like being a short woman but sometimes I wish I was tall like 5'10.

What Girls Said 5

• If you look at secure men: billionaires, politicians, CEOs, movie stars... a lot of them are dating tall women, shows they don't have a height insecurity some men have. A height disparity means it's easier to tell whos the "leader" in the relationship, but these men are already established leaders, and so they don't care. (Also, beautiful long legged supermodels, anyone?)

But a lot of it also is that shorter women make a man want to provide for them, care for them, all that primal instinct. You're easy to throw around and you look young and cute. So don't worry about it!

• I'm 5'10 by the way, hahah. Sorry if that was biased.

• @arielle_cerise

You claimed that men in positions of power can date tall women because they "feel superior" due to their power and status, so they don't have to feel superior through their height.

What I'm saying is happening is that tall women don't mind dating men shorter than them as long as they have other attributes that make up for it, like positions of power.

Your claim implies that it's men who choose not to date tall women, and mine is that it's women who choose not to date men shorter than them.

• @koko124 You absolutely have a point there.

• The usual answers given by guys here are that shorter women are more feminine, womanly, and cuter/sexier. So that's probably why shorter women are preferred. All of those reasons are complete bullshit by the way.

• Aaaaaand I see a few guys have already given these exact answers. I don't say that short men are less manly/masculine than tall men, because they aren't. So I don't get it.

• @Red_Dragon: Apparently one guy doesn't agree, lol. Probably because I called out his bs opinion on tall chicks 😂

• On the other question? XD

• I think you just love who you love I say I don't like tall guys but i had been in love with many tall guys.

• well. I think that short woman may be more lovely than tall woman for man. In china, short woman is more popular than tall woman to the extent. so they are always easy to have a boyfriend. haha It's so strange.

• Some women ask
    ( why do most men like tall women).
    And others
    (Why do most men like short women)

And then some women ask
    ( why do most men like skinny women)
    And others
    (Why do most me. Like curvy women)

And it goes on and on,

Common its 50 50. there's no MOST