Why are taller men so much hotter?

Literally every girl I know loves the tall guys, some even go as far to condemn short guys. Why do girls like taller guys so much? We can't all be shallow, there must be a reason...

• Tall guys are hot
  • Tall guys are unattractive

Most Helpful Guy

• Cultural indoctrination, possibly. I mean, everyone loves tall guys. If they say their limit is 6'0", then they're obviously just parroting it because it's a `pretty number because it's over 5'x"`.

I'm guessing that's just what they are used to. I personally don't like having to look down, and some people I know don't like having to look up too much. It'd also be weird to look up. To be honest, back in the day, I was most attracted to girls who were exactly the same height I was, but that feeling was mostly never mutual :P

• I don't mind looking up at girls. It's kind of hot, and I still feel 100% masculine doing it.

What Guys Said 15

• they're hotte because they're closer to the sun than the shorter people

• I'm 5 11" but I think this is stupid. I know guys that are short and strong as hell. It's not like shorter guys aren't capable of protecting you. Height means almost nothing in terms of strength.

• Dude... 5'11 is taller than average believe it or not. The average height of an American male is 5'10" there are only a handful of countries with average heights exceeding 6'0" most of which are scandanavian. I'm 6'1" and American.

• Not all tall guys are gonna be more attractive than shorter guys. It's like anything else in life, some people care more than others about these more arbitrary points of preference. You can't control your height anyway, so I wouldn't expend too much energy worrying about it.

• must be my brother from another mother :p or Klaatu. lmao :D

• @harakiri yeah apparently she suffered from some brain abnormality that affects growth rate (or the cessation of it). She's healthy though, apparently, so now I feel ok gawking. LOL

• LOL. i... can only see a sexy giraffe in a red bikini. that is all :p

• 1|0
  • Cause girls like to be protected and shit, but I think they just look better for some reason. It's shallow, but it's the truth. Same reason girls over 5"10 generally aren't as attractive as they would be if they were shorter. Then again, this is all subjective.

• I think girls see a tall guy as more masculine, the taller the guy, usually means broader shoulders, a larger overall frame, and all that other good stuff.

• #Short power. Walking tall helps me feel like I'm a normal 5'8 dude.

• I have a girl friend (friend, that's a girl :p) who would never date a guy who is shorter than her. I've heard he say about guys, he's cute, but he's short so automatically he's not "cute" to her anymore. It doesn't make sense. You definitely shouldn't judge people by height

• All sexuality is instinctual, we like what we like, we don't really pick and choose what we get to be attracted to. It's just instincts, something below the conscious mind that you have very little control over, reasoning has nothing to do with it.

• Being tall really doesn't help someone like me when your face looks like a rat.

• We can see further :)

• I am very tall, but I don't think it makes me all that attractive, although I'd be a hypocrite to say I don't find height desirable given that a woman being tall women is a requirement for me, short girls turn me off. I do know short guys who seem to be very successful with women.

• Being taller is a male trait. Women are designed to be more likely to be attracted to traits more common in men. This is how our species stays alive. So in a woman's eyes tall guys are ultra masculine.

• Are you a troll?

• "We can't all be shallow"

You're human, don't go selling yourself short now.

What Girls Said 12

• you must be a dude.

• Not all tall guys are attractive, I think that most girls like tall guys because of how its portrayed in the media. Like in movies you have the guy and the girl hugging and their height just compliments each other. She get on her tippy toes to kiss him and girls think that, that's what they need.

• The average height of women are not more than 5'7 in the tallest country Netherlands.
    www.averageheight.co/average-female-height-by-country

And this is a myth that women all are attracted to very tall men. they do not necessarily want 'tall' men but want men who are 'taller' than them. it is relative and is related to preferring a mate who is seen as having the power to dominate relatively based on the features of the female. for a woman who is 5'1 a man who is 5'5 or 5'6 can be satisfying and completely preferable, for a taller woman a taller man.

though height is only one factor between many factors of preference both physical and psychological inside men and women. And many times having other factors can cover this factor and make this practically inactive in the process.

• Sexual dimorphism.

I've been with men shorter than me, no biggie.

• Maybe subconsciously we imagine taller men to be better protectors. Also indicates being free from disease and having adequate food source. Testosterone promotes bone growth while estrogen inhibits it.

• I'm not diseased :(

• @Red_Dragon
      She likes powerpuff girls :p

• A girl with attitude. Sexy :)

• Just as long as they're taller than me. I'm 5' 10" so... taller than me actually means above average height in my case. It's actually a bit of a deal-breaker.

• I don't think that tall guys automatically get attractive. There are plenty of attractive guys that are both short, average and tall :)

• My boyfriend is quiet tall and i like it that way because whenever i'm around him i feel protected and safe. i dont think its mainly about the looks but rather about how comfortable you are with someone. if you are going out with someone because they look attractive then there is something wrong with you.

• Tall guy have to have athletic body to be sexy, if they don't they're just tall and skinny

• Not all tall guys... trust lol

• I know a lot of my female friends who are tall and perfer shorter men. I think woman who are quite short tend to like men who are taller because it shows masculinity. Overall looks shouldn't matter.

• I believe women are biologically programmed to be attracted to taller men. Height is masculine. The assumption, be it true or false, is that the taller the man, the more masculine he is. While the average man is taller than the average woman (5'9 and 5'4 in the US), the taller he is the more masculine he is assumed to be.

It shouldn't be an issue for women to be attracted to taller men since the average male is taller than the average female. 5'5 is taller than 5'4, after all. Modern day media has played a role on idolizing masculine and feminine characteristics and height is considered masculine. Tall men are pitched as better by the media. Why? It's probably playing on the biological attraction. Women want taller men as they are attractive. Therefore the taller he is the more attractive he becomes.

• "It shouldn't be an issue for women to be attracted to taller men since the average male is taller than the average female. "

It is an issue, you're overlooking the inherent higher value of women.

• I think women are biologically programmed to be attracted to someone opposite in their height. I think it has to do with more than masculinity. It has to do with reproduction. That's why tall girls don't want a tall guy because then their kids would be tall. They'd rather be with a short guy so it evens out better. Vice versa with short girls.

• Though that's my theory. I wish to look more into it.