In the dating world, is it easier to be a man or a woman?

Is it easier to be a man chasing the woman or is it easier to be the woman being chased by the man?

• Easier to be the man
  • Easier to be the woman

Most Helpful Guy

• It's hard for both genders but in different ways.

Women and men face different double standards.

Women are brought up to question a guy's intentions which would cause her to be hyper-cautious and reject a potential husband before giving him a chance. Women are more vulnerable to certain dating risks in a physical way than men. Women face the double standard that she can't be too easy either, even if she has strong sexual desires for that certain man. Men have to struggle to resist and ignore the media message that hitting on women is creepy and sexist. They are expected to be the ones who do all the approaching to try to win her interest. Men have to walk a tight rope to make sure he doesn't wind up in the friend-zone. Men are expected to do more work early on in the dating process with every woman he meets. Dating websites are usually 70%-30% male to female ratio.

Overall, I think the dating world is easier for a woman. But not by a whole lot. There are lots of varying factors that one would define as easier or harder.

• Here is my thinking on the guy's intention thing. If he never approaches then there is never an opportunity. If most guys are not approaching, there is no chicken or the egg scenario here, it clearly isn't going to happen.

The dating world may be easier but it seems like they have a lot of options versus men have limited options.

What Girls Said 11

• Waay easier for the guys.
    You can drift around from girls to girl and be admired as a player.
    girls that do that are branded a slut whether she has sex or not.
    So wrong.

• Yes but guys have to do all the leg work to approach the girl, get her interested in him, keep up the interest. Pay for dates.

• So what. that's the fun part, the chase.
      However there's an old saying:
      A guy chases a girl until she catches him.
      LOL!

• Yes, chasing is fun when the girl is interested.

• i'm a woman and i have to say i don't have the best dating experiences. it's hard because a lot of guys either are just looking to have sex with me or don't really know what they want, and string me along.

also, guys get away with just having sex, it's harder being a girl and casually hooking up.

i guess in a way, me being a girl, it's difficult to know guy's true intentions. so i would say it's easier being a guy.

• The guy has to approach you, get your number, fancy you. Intentions or not, he still has to do the leg work to get your interest.

• oh no for sure, for sure. i'm not saying guys have it so easy they don't have to work at all, it's just in my perspective it's easier being a guy overall.

• I think it is hard for both, for many reasons. :)

• definitely easier being a women. Women tend not to make the first move so we rarely get shot down. But with men they're almost always the one to put themselves out there, so they're more likely to get put down.

• It's easier to be good looking.

• I think that women have an easier time getting someone to sleep with, but when it comes to serious relationships I'd say it's equally as hard for both men and women :)

• Overall I think men have it worse but it isn't that easy for women either.

• I think it's easier to be a woman

• It seems like men have to make the decision to be with you. And it's such a frustrating process. Men are so picky on who they end up with, it's like a puzzle.

• in terms of chasing, it's easier to be a hot, successful man.
    in terms of being chased, it's easier to be a hot woman.
    if you lack the hotness factor, it's harder as a girl. :/

• How can you be considered a successful man? Dress? Spending money on the girl?

• status and money.

• I've always thought it'd be easier for men

• Why?

• I know men have to do all the approaching, but if you're a person who has confidence, this is definitely easier.
      Plus, they're judged less than women are on most things. They get judged on things to, but there's a lot women are judged for. Plus the pressure women have on looks when they're looking for a guy to, men are allowed to look kinda rough n ready and not put together, but women are supposed to have hair, shoes, make up etc on point.

What Guys Said 11

• Voted A). Definitely a male. Women get used and abused far too much even if their partner isn't really interested.

• Guys for sure but I also know some women struggle. I think it's nearly even... with guys just falling short (I personally struggle with women but I have seen many girls also being lonely)

• Easier to be a Woman for sure

• Ladies always trip about guys just wanting to fuck em.
    Guys always worrying about even getting a date.

• male i believe... although i don't belong to the dating world i'm an outcast LOL

• Much easier for women since many of them don't make the first move, despite them wanting equal rights lol.

• from what i have seen on here, I think its about the same for both.

• Not even a question haha

• Much easier for women. It's almost impossible for men unless he's really confident and can ask girls out

• Neither one of them.

• Easier for the woman, but on here they think the guys have it made in the shade.