Is not wanting to have sex a turn off?

I don't want to have sex until I'm married. Would you think of me differently because of it? Would you not want to date me? Just always been curious

Most Helpful Guy

• Basically, guys who want sex before marriage will not bother dating you and will be scared away. But you will attract the guys who are also saving until marriage and will also attract guys who are done from their sexual adventure and want to settle down with a wife (they will love the fact that you are a virgin).

This is a good thing cause you will be able to filter out the guys who just want sex without marriage, and there are many like that so it will save you a lot of time and headache.

What Guys Said 8

• it wouldn't turn me off to dating you... but it WILL stop me from going through with marriage. Just my personal opinion that has severely good reasons backing it up.

• I wouldn't date anyone whose waiting until marriage to have sex, I want to be able to get intimate with my partner before I reach a point wherein maybe if I didn't like it among other things a separation could conceivably get messier. I don't even like the rationale behind abstinence because most of the time its religiously inspired, and I have never been one for religion and its masochistic requirements. If its a legit issue of asexuality that is the cause of a persons abstinence I still wouldn't date them because im just not that way.

Plus even though I like marriage as an institution of romance, it is a practice a lot of people aren't feeling as obligated to move into. Waiting until marriage might end up cutting yourself from a lot of productive romantic conquests.

• Only guys that will be okay with that are religions men that are also waiting for marriage.
    Don't sacrifice your beliefs just to make it easier to find a man though. Do you, and a match will come along.

• Of course it's a turn off. Only rapists are turned on by that.

• Not personally it just makes me more keen to seduce her

• I want to get married and I actually would respect that trait in my wife. So for me it would be a positive. I don't require it of her but it would be a good thing if she wanted to wait until marriage.

• I would not want to date you because sex is important to me. I respect your beliefs but I don't share them, ergo vis a vis concordantly we are incompatible.

• That would be a turn-off... do you understand what being "turned on" refers to?

What Girls Said 1

• its rare that a man will date you long term if you're determined to not have sex. but dont let that change your beliefs though.