Girls, have you ever told a guy lets just be friends first, and later on ended up becoming involved with them?

Have you told a guy: "lets just be friends" and later on ended up found yourself becoming involved with him later?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I tell guys I want to be their friend and then begin liking them cause I feel like they work hard to impress me. They end up always being there for me. Then I take a step back and say to myself. How come I'm not with you? Lol. I guess that's why I have no guy friends. It doesn't happen often but when I'm in school/working guys get pushed to the friend zone cause I'm not focused on relationships at the moment.

• The girl im seeing (well trying to see) is in school, and its hard for me to see her because of it, but she is always makes time to see me when I ask. Still, I wonder if that is the real reason...

• Girls tend to put there focus on one thing at a time. If they are all into something or just want to reach a goal. I am career driven as well so that's why I do not take guys serious when I am in school because as women we like to devote our time and energy to one thing at a time. Especially if we know that we will gain from it.

Most likely she will come around if you continue to stick by her side. Then once school is over and you guys actually have the freedom to see each other she will show to you how she truly feels. Since she already chooses to spend her free time with you then I think your headed in the right direction.

It seems as if you are unsure tho. What is giving you doubts? If she wasn't you would know it.

What Girls Said 6

• HA YEAH. Tell me about it.. and I'm still involved with him and it's been like two years. We aren't even dating.. we just admitted to liking each other, went through SO MUCH drama, it's been a rollercoaster, and now we are back to being "friends" after a huge blowout where we fought over why we can't just be together and then stopped talking for a month.

Literally I don't even know where we are right now and if we hate each other. A few months ago, he said "I love you". It's so complicated.

So yeah.. lol "Let's just be friends"? It was obviously a load of shit. A girl and a guy can't just be friends unless one of them is gay. I tried to make it work and I tried to keep us as friends but sooner or later one of us explodes in emotion. Ugh.

• YEP and then I fell for him and the he friend zoned me...

• don't remember

• Never done it.

• Not usually. That usually means you either aren't attracted or don't think it'd be a good fit.

• 99% of the time a girl says the friend word its because she's not interested. But if she says lets be friends first its because she wants to take things slow for one reason or another. Maybe she's too busy for anything more than a friendship, not over an ex, not ready for a relationship with anybody (which is the honest case of: Its not you. its me) she wants to get to know you better without any pressure or expectations, maybe she's been hurt before & want to take things slow, etc.

I've never told a guy that before. If I think he's dateable but Im just not in a position to date him at the moment, I just tell him Im not interested so he can move on.

What Guys Said 0